Chapter two

During the hunt,

I found myself with a deranged smile as I quickly chased after her, "My prey." Her hair lingered at her ankles as she ran. Her figure was slim and tall. I haven't yet gotten to look at the expression of horror she had painted across her face. Her wails for help proved to me how skittish she was. I quickly followed her around the corner and was shocked to see she wasn't there. I carefully walked down the dark alley, humming to a tune I had stuck in my head. "Come out, come out, wherever you are. If you show yourself now, I'll make your death less painful." To my surprise, she ran out from behind a garbage bin. I turned towards her, and I only noticed the bunny ears on the top of her head. "A hybrid? How interesting! Your kind is supposed to be dead, how did you survive? I'm positive the Jin clan eradicated your entire clan, I guess they missed one." She shivered as I stepped closer.

I grew close enough to touch her. I ran my hand through her long white silky hair and smiled "If you are the last survivor of your clan, then you are far too rare to kill off, with that said what's your name darling?"

2 MONTHS EARLIER

"Usagi! run!" I watched in terror as a strange man with long black hair and golden eyes tore my mom limb from limb. I didn't look back I ran as fast as my legs could until I collapsed When I woke up I felt hopeless like I was trapped in the darkness I slowly stood up and dragged myself to what looked like the entrance to the city "That man, he must've been the leader of the Jin clan Zhuang jin... I swear on my life I will kill you"

MOMENTS BEFORE THE ENCOUNTER

I was cautious. I wasn't sure what I'd do if I got caught. I had promised myself I would get revenge on the man responsible for my clan's death.

My thoughts stopped when I heard a sudden movement behind me. I was no match for an assassin so my only option was to run. I set one foot in front of the other and quickly sprinted toward what looked like an alley. My luck had run dry when I figured out it was a dead end. I hastily hide behind a garbage bin and hold my breath. I can hear his footsteps inching closer to me. "If you show yourself now, I'll make your death less painful." maybe I can get him to change his mind somehow, I can't die before I get revenge no.

THE CURRENT MOMENT

Hyun-dal's pov

"Usagi, my name is Usagi."

I smile in amusement as the girl introduces herself. "Usagi? Your name translates to rabbit in Japanese. Quite a bore... Instead i'll call you bunny girl."

"I guess, so what are you planning to do with me...." She looked nervous

"Don't look at me like that...unless you're trying to turn me on..." I grin "Best be on our way then, you're lucky though, if anyone else were to find you they would have skinned you alive. I grab her wrist and lead her away from the alley. "If you try anything i'll do more than skin you, keep that in mind."

Back at the park residence

"Hyung! Hyung! I discovered something rather eye-catching"

"What is it? I'm quite occupied at the moment."

I walked into the room and he was sitting in a chair with his legs propped up on a stool. He was holding his shirt up with his teeth. The huge scar running across his lower stomach is what caught my eye. "Seonghwa? What happened? Don't tell me you were injured...by a mortal?"

He chuckles "Not a mortal..." he hesitated "me and Hong fought...there was a bit of a disagreement..."

I sighed "anyways this is what i wanted to show you." I pulled Usagi out from hiding behind me.

Seonghwa stared at her for a moment, "A hybrid?" I nodded "Hyundal are you keeping her here? Or is she a pet, or a sacrifice?" Her ears slumped as she threw me another nervous glance. "or-"

"Hyung we get it. I haven't found anyone, especially a human pure enough to satisfy the hunger growing, and humans no longer respect us enough to offer sacrifices so this hybrid is all we have for now... She's staying as a food source..."

Usagi's pov

Food source?! "B-but!-" They both turned towards me.

"Is there an issue with that?"

"N-no of course not!"

Everything was wrong with that, I thought he was saving me not killing me slower.