Chapter 7

I wasn't really sure what I was doing if I'm honest with you. Before we started these last few months id have said I was just doing what I needed to so that I could get into law school and away from my helicopter mom. Now I wasn't sure I even wanted to go to law school.

And yet here I am spending the night at Erics, avoiding the texts and calls from my mom who was seemingly more angry with me than concerned.

"Eric?" I asked

"Yeah?" He replied pausing the game he was playing.

"Am I crazy for wanting to piss my mom off?" I asked

"No way, dude, you literally are like the best kid a parent could ask for. Just ask my mom, she wants me to be more responsible and have better grades all the time."

"I just can't wait to graduate and leave this town."

"Where would you go?" Cartman asked frowning

"I don't know, anywhere but here with my parents I guess."

"You could always stay here with me, I mean if you wanted." Eric mumbled

"Your mom would really be okay with me staying here?"

"Well technically I own the house from when Kenny and I ran that hot dog and made all that money, so she can't really say no."

"You own this house?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty much set for life actually. I'm really just trying to graduate and find some hobbies or something."

"That's actually really awesome Cartman."

"Anyway, what about you? Still gonna be a future lawyer?"

"I really fucking hate law. I want to travel, to have fun, to settle down with a nice guy who loves me, I honestly have always loved to write."

"You'd be an excellent writer, coming from the guy who used to read your diary."

"I knew someone was reading it! I thought for sure it was Ike or my mom!"

"What can I say Jew? Guess I was a little obsessed with finding out what you were up to before therapy."

We stayed up most of the night playing the xbox. It was honestly really nice, but I couldn't help but feel like I was loosing something by no longer having to pretend to be dating.

The next morning I dragged myself off of the couch as we had fallen asleep playing the xbox to find that Cartman had already made us breakfast.

"Hey, Kyle, I made sure everything was kosher. I'm not sure if you're still doing that and I know you can't have too much caffeine so the coffee is decaf."

"Thanks. You made all of this?" I gestured to the full course of breakfast in front of us. Eggs, toast, bacon and pancakes covering every inch of the table.

"Yeah. I really really enjoy cooking. It's a passion of mine." 

I sat down and ate more than I've eaten in a long time.

"Holy shit Cartman. You seriously made all of this? It's fucking delicious!"

Cartman turned red and mumbled, "thanks."

"Seriously! You've been holding out on us! How's you get into cooking anyway?"

"Oh um... when I decided I wanted to lose weight I realized that I couldn't really eat what my mom was making anymore so I learned to cook healthy food on my own."

Wow. He really has changed in ways I hadn't even noticed.

"That's awesome dude! You're a great cook!"