Chapter 1: The Beginning

When Y/N opened his eyes, he blinked before sitting up in bed. He rubbed his face before yawning and stretching his arms. 

"What time is it?" He looks at his clock which was on the side table near the bed. 

The clock showed the time, 8:10 am. 

Y/N groans, rubbing his eyes. 

"I am going to be so late..." 

30 minutes later, Y/N runs out of the house, hastily saying goodbye to his mother as he speeds to school. 

"Oh I'm so screwed..." he muttered to himself. 

While he was running and distracted, he crashed into a girl as the two teenagers collided into each other. 

"Ah! Ow!" he exclaimed as he rubbed his nose that had slammed into the other person, his nose slightly red now. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Let me help you up!" The girl said. 

Y/N looks up from the ground as he meets eyes with a pair of purple eyes looking back at him, holding out a hand. 

He reaches for her hand as he grasps it, being pulled to his feet. 

The two teenagers stare at each other's eyes intently. 

"I feel like..." He started to say. 

"We've met before." The girl finished. 

The moment is broken as Y/N remembers he still is late for school. 

"Oh crap, I really need to go! Oh I'm so dead!" He exclaimed as he ran off leaving the girl alone.  

Once Y/N had gotten to school, he was out of breath as he sat down in his desk exhausted. 

"Oh My Ra... Made it..." He said breathless. 

"You made it, Y/N!" exclaimed a voice that belonged to a blond boy that was named Katsuya Jonouchi. 

"Yeah, I slept in... My bad." Y/N said. 

"There's the teacher." said another voice that belonged to a shorter boy with tri-coloured hair named Yugi Mutou. 

Y/N looked to the front of the classroom to see their homeroom teacher come in, accompanied by a girl with long, maroon coloured hair with dark red highlights tied into pigtails. 

The girl stood politely by the board as the teacher introduced her. Then, she wrote her name on the board with chalk. 

The name read as Ray Akaba. 

"So, this is Akaba-san. She just moved here, so, please help her out and make her feel comfortable in our classroom." The teacher said. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'll be in your care." Ray said as she politely bowed. 

"Wow, she is so pretty." 

"So ladylike." 

"Where do you think she's from?" 

All of the boys and girls looked at Ray in awe. 

Y/N look at Ray curiously before his eyes widened in recognition. 

"That's the girl I bumped into!" He thought. 

"Now, Akaba-san, there's a seat next to L/N-san. You can sit there please." The teacher said, gesturing to the seat next to him. 

Everyone watched Ray gracefully walk over to the desk and carefully sit down. 

"Hey, it's you again..." She whispered. 

Y/N turned to look at her in the eyes before looking away, pointedly not looking at her the entire class. 

"The new girl likes you~" A boy with brown hair shaped like a cone teased. This is Hiroto Honda. Jonouchi's best friend. 

"So, what?" Y/N looked away as his face flushed lightly. 

"She just said hi, you know." Yugi said. 

"I just bumped into her this morning, that's all." He said, putting his arms up and behind his head. 

"Though when our hands touched, it felt like I knew her somehow... Even though I have never met her before." Y/N thought. 

"Hey, so are you joining the tournament coming up?" Yugi asked. 

"Yeah totally! I'll see you there!" Y/N said excitedly. 

"I'm excited to see what you do this time, Y/N. So far, you're almost as good as Atem!" Yugi said. 

"Oh, I don't know about that. Atem is pretty good, along with you, Yugi! I'm just lucky is all." Y/N said sheepishly. 

"Anyway, see you then and good luck! We're bringing our A game!" Jonouchi shouted as Yugi and Hiroto ran after him, waving goodbye to Y/N. 

Y/N waved back as he headed back home to get ready for the tournament. 

This tournament was a casual Duel Monsters duelling event. 

Both Yugi and Jonouchi wanted to participate since they both loved the game Duel Monsters. 

Y/N had gotten into the game due to his friend's enthusiasm and interest. He tried out the game a few times and was really talented at it. So, he thought he might as well try out the casual tournament to get a chance to duel other duelists. 

"Well, this is going to be something..." 

Author Notes: 

This story takes place in the universe of Yu-Gi-Oh DM except that Zarc and Ray are here. The World of DM is considered the Original Dimension or the Standard Dimension. The world of DM included all the types of summoning before Fusion, Synchro and Xyz summoning. I consider the world where Yuya comes from to be the Pendulum Dimension since that is where Pendulum Summoning first originated and is continuously used throughout their world. I might add more characters later on! Hope you enjoy my first Y/N story!