Chapter 3: Zarc's Memories

Y/N tossed and turned as his body trembled, his face scrunching in pain and discomfort, bitting his lips. 

"Is there no one to challenge me? Come out wherever you are!~" A voice called out that was filled with venom and wickedness. 

Buildings were being destroyed and collapsing as people screamed and ran. 

Screams filled the air as crowds of people ran for their lives. A woman amongst them trips as a huge black shadow hovers over her. She screams. 

"Look, a challenger~ You're mine!~" A voice sneered, laughing. 

"Ahhhhh!" Y/N sat up quickly in his bed as he covered his mouth, muffling the scream that came out. 

He breathed out harshly as his heart beat rapidly. He groans as a sharp pain shot through his head, gripping his head. 

"Uhhh... What the hell was that?" Y/N said after a moment. "That was horrifying... Why do I keep having that dream?" 

That dream keeps haunting him. The people screaming. The destruction. The evil voice. 

What's worst is the fact the voice seemed to come out of... him. 

Why? How? 

"I've never wanted to hurt anyone... So why?" Y/N thought. 

Y/N sighed as he breathed out slowly. He turned to look at the clock to see it was 5:30 am. 

"Time for medicine again..." Y/N climbed out of bed to leave his room to go downstairs to the kitchen. 

At a young age, Y/N had been having that same nightmare for years. Like all dreams, sometimes that nightmare doesn't come up at all. Due to the frequent nightmares, Y/N had been visiting many doctors to even fortune tellers to find out why he keeps having this nightmare. 

His most recent visit to a fortune teller was also not the most comforting. 

"You seem to have a darkness within you... You seem to have the heart of a dragon and the mind of a demon." 

Y/N frowned as he took some pills and drank some water. 

Y/N had been taking sleeping pills for many years to help him go back to sleep since it seems his own mind scares him. 

"Y/N, are you alright?" a warm voice called out, revealing a woman with the same pair of eyes as Y/N, looking concerned. 

"Mom..." Y/N said quietly as he didn't hesitate to hug her, pressing his face close to her neck. 

"It was that dream again, wasn't it?" She asks as she runs a hand through his hair. 

"What's happening to me, Mom? I-I don't know what else to do, Mom!" Y/N cried out as his eyes got teary with exhaustion, stress and despair. 

"Oh, Y/N. My dear, there is nothing wrong with you. I just wish I knew why too." She said, rubbing his face gently, wiping away tears. 

"But why do I... keep hurting those people? I don't want to hurt people! I never want to!" Y/N cried out, gripping his mother's clothing. 

His mother quickly soothed him, running her hands through his hair before kissing him gently on the forehead. 

"It will be alright. You'll see." 

The next morning, Y/N woke up late again as he ran out the door to school. This time not so lucky. 

"Another detention?" Yugi asked as an animated sweat drop appeared on his head. 

"Yep..." Y/N looked sheepish as he laughed nervously, rubbing his neck and sitting down at his desk. 

"You should go to bed earlier." Ray said as she looked up from her textbook. 

"I'll try to do that..." Y/N said as he turned to the board to look at the teacher. 

After school, Y/N walked with Yugi, Jonouchi, Hiroto, and Ryou as they walked through the city. 

"So, you ready for Duelist Kingdom?" Yugi asked. 

"As ready as I will ever be!" Y/N said brightly. 

"This is so amazing you know, Yugi! Duelist Kingdom, it's hard to believe it was so long ago." Ryou said. 

"You do remember you were possessed when you came right?" Hiroto said grimancing. 

"Well, I know. But I'm still rather excited." Ryou smiled. 

This is Ryou Bakura. He is a new duelist, but is quite skilled actually. He has technically participated in tournaments but he was possessed those times.. 

It was weird how Y/N became friends with Yugi and the others. But it all started when he saw the golden millennium items that Yugi and Ryou keep on their person. 

He could feel and sense the items. So much, so that he had ask them what they were. 

Then, Yugi explained everything which led him to meeting Atem, the pharaoh and current King of Games and Bakura, the Thief King of Egypt. 

The spirits themselves said they felt a strange power within him, but even they couldn't recognize or define what that power might be. 

Y/N was surprised to become fast friends with everyone. He always had some problems making friends with others. This was because along with the nightmares, he was prone to blacking out and then something would happen and everyone was afraid of him. 

Y/N hoped that even now, he would continue to be their friend for the rest of his life and beyond. 

Author Notes: 

Hi, it's Y/N! Thank you so much for reading! So, this chapter is more angsty and explains more of Zarc's influence on his new self. So as you can see Y/N's nightmares are actually Zarc's memories and Y/N is Zarc's original personality. Also, when he gets mad, Zarc would come out as his Supreme King self. So, very similar to Yuya in a lot of ways. I think they would be great friends. Also, yes, Zarc has met Atem and Bakura and knows of their existence, maybe those two will show up later. Also, Zarc has a complete family, just like Yuya! Hope you have a great day!