Chapter 4: Duelist Kingdom Start

Y/N was sitting quietly as he took in the awe of the Kaiba Corporation ship he was riding in with other duelists. 

Yugi was seated next to him. Seto Kaiba was seated across from them. Jonouchi was surprisingly next to Kaiba, seemly talking to him about something. 

Then, as Y/N glanced again at them, his jaw dropped as he saw Blue Eyes White Dragon's spirit hovering behind Kaiba and Red Eyes Black Dragon's spirit hovering behind Jonouchi. 

"What's wrong?" Yugi asked him confused. 

Then, he turned to look at Yugi, only to see a huge black dragon covered in red gemstones along its body. 

Then, he recoiled in surprise when the dragon roared at him and he fell down onto the floor. 

"Hey, you okay there?" asked a boyish voice as Y/N looked to see a brown haired boy who wore a red jacket, holding out his hand. 

"Yeah, I'm good." Y/N said as he grabbed the boy's hand and the other boy pulls him up. 

"Judai!" Yugi said happily as he stood up to greet the other boy. 

"Yugi, it's great to see you. And you are?" Judai said before pointing to Y/N. 

"This is-" Yugi started to say only to get interrupted by Y/N. 

"I'm Zarc." Y/N said with a smile. 

Then, Judai looks intently at him and Y/N watches as a black demon looking monster spirit appeared behind him. 

Y/N gapes even more when Judai's eyes change colour, the left eye becoming orange and the right eye becoming bluish-green. 

"Judai, this boy can see me." The demon spirit said as they flew over to him. 

"Uhh, Hi?" Y/N said unsure as the demon spirit flew back over to Judai. 

"You seem to have a power unlike anything I have ever seen before. You can see duel spirits?" Judai asked curious. 

"Well, I mean yeah... in a way." Y/N said shyly, scratching his cheek. 

As a child, Y/N could always see the spirits of the duel monsters especially well. Particularly of the dragon kind of spirit. Though Y/N has yet to see a spirit of Odd-Eyes Dragon.

"Well, good luck, I expect you're a good duelist if you're here." Judai said as he started to walk away. 

Y/N watched Judai go as he wondered to himself. 

"Why does it feel like I know him? Like we have a connection." Y/N wondered as he sat back down on the seat and went back to looking out the window. 

As the ship lands, everyone get out and Y/N observes everyone curiously. 

He finds Yugi and Jonouchi easily as he hears a woman's voice call out to them. 

"Yugi! Jonouchi! Hey!" 

Then, Y/N came face to face with a tall, blonde woman dressed in a white corset crop top, a purple jacket and a matching purple mini skirt running up to them. 

"Mai!" Yugi said. 

"Hey Mai!" Jonouchi said cheerfully as Mai came to a stop next to Jonouchi. 

"And who is this adorable boy?" Mai asked teasingly as Y/N rolled his eyes, looking away from Mai, crossing his arms, his face becoming slightly pink. 

"Who's adorable? I'm handsome!" Y/N proudly stated as he huffed. 

"This is Zarc." Yugi supplied gesturing to the silver haired boy. 

"Well, pleasure to meet you. I'm Mai Kujaku. My fans called me Mai Valentine though." Mai said winking. 

Y/N blushed slightly as he looked away again. 

"She's kind of hot. But not my type." He thought. 

"Pegasus requested him personally to be in the tournament." Jonouchi said with a grin. 

"Oh, really. Well, hopefully, we get to duel. I love a challenge." Mai said as she left to go talk to other duelists it seemed. 

"Y/N, is that you?" said a polite voice as Y/N turned around to see Ray Akaba standing there. 

Y/N mentally panicked as his mind went blank. 

"H-Hey, Ray." He said nervously. "What are y-you doing h-here?" 

"Oh, I was asked by my father to come here. My father works on duelling holograms so Pegasus wanted him to look over the duelling holograms before we started the tournament." Ray explained. 

"Oh." 

Suddenly, Jonouchi nudged Y/N in the ribs making the teen boy wince before glaring at him. 

"Come on, say something." Jonouchi whispered. 

"Like what, genius?" Y/N hissed back as he smiled nervously at Ray. 

"Well, I have to go get ready. See you later." Ray said politely as she bowed to them as she walked away. 

Y/N watched her go before groaning into his hands. 

"Well, there you blew it." Jonouchi said, making Y/N give him a rather murderous look. 

"Well, you don't help." Y/N said as he huffed, looking away. 

"Don't bother him too much, Joey. It's not like you're much better." Yugi said as he grabbed Y/N by the shoulder and led him in a different direction. 

"Hey, at least I said something!" Joey hollered at them, running after them. 

"Welcome Duelists, new and old. It is I, Maximillion Pegasus, host of this event. Hopefully, this year's Duelist Kingdom is as amazing as the last one." Pegasus introduced. 

"Now, this year's tournament will be slightly different. This time you will duel each other using your duel disks betting on your star chips until a winner stands before us." 

Y/N nervously played with his glove as he traced the star chips. 

"Well, I am really doing this now." Y/N thought. 

"Now, will everyone turn your eyes to the screen and the matching up can begin." Pegasus said, gesturing to the screen above his head. 

The screen showed pictures of the duelists registered. Then, the pictures were turned face down to reveal the backs of the duel monster cards and then shuffled. 

Y/N watched the cards shuffle as he bit his lip, crossing his fingers. 

Then, the shuffling finished and the results were revealed. 

Author Notes: 

Hey, it's Y/N! So comment down who you would like to duel Y/N or any duels between anyone in DM, and GX. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy your day!