Chapter 7: Odd-Eyes vs Blue Eyes

After the duel, Y/N is given Judai's star chips. Though Judai is not kicked out of the tournament this time since the registered group of duelists are a smaller amount. 

"Zarc, who are they?" Judai asked, pointing to the trio of people approaching. 

"Oh, my friends, Hiroto, Ryou and-RAY?" Y/N exclaimed as he stared at the other girl. 

"Yeah, I saw you duel, Y/N. You're really good!" Ray said sweetly. 

Y/N blushed while all the other boys gave him teasing looks. 

"T-Thanks! It was nothing." Y/N said, laughing sheepishly. 

Zarc's spirit appeared as he took a look at Ray, narrowing his eyes. 

"I know you. You're the one who stopped me!" Zarc said, pointing a finger at Ray. 

Only Judai saw Zarc as he looked at Zarc who looked mad. 

"We should keep an eye on him, Yubel." Judai thought. 

Zarc and Ray continue to talk with each other. 

"So, what deck do you use?" Zarc asked. 

"I use the archetype now. But I can use any deck." Ray answered. 

"I just enjoy the different cards. I never really thought about it too much, you know?" Ray explains. 

"Yeah, I see what you mean. Though I have a love for dragons so that's why my deck is full of them." Y/N said sheepishly. 

"You duel really well, you know." 

"Ehh? Really?" 

"Yeah, I saw you. You were magnificent." 

"Oh, wow! Thanks!" 

The two teenagers smiled at each other. 

Later on the next matchups came out. 

Y/N vs Seto Kaiba 

Y/N sweat drops animatedly. 

Seto Kaiba approaches Y/N standing tall. Y/N felt like his blue eyes were judging every inch of him. 

"Um... Hi?" Y/N greeted confused. 

"He's nothing like Yugi or Atem. Where's that confidence of his?" Seto wondered. 

"Stop looking like that and don't look down." Seto said. 

Y/N only sheepishly smiled, tilting his head. 

"He's kind of intimidating." 

Y/N and Seto stood on opposite sides of the battling arena. Y/N on the red side and Seto on the blue side. 

Seto activated his duel disk which was the latest model of the Kaiba Corporation duel disk and activated his headset. 

Y/N activated his duel disk making the yellow holographic duelling field appear. 

Suddenly, Zarc appears behind Y/N observing the scene happening before him. He grins. 

"Time for some fun." 

Zarc takes possession of Y/N as his eyes glow a bright yellow and Y/N smiles. 

"You better not disappoint me, Zarc." Seto challenged. 

"You won't be, I can promise you that." Zarc answers. 

"DUEL!" 

"My turn! I draw! I'll start off easy. I summon Assault Wyvern! Then, I'll place one card facedown and end my turn." Seto started as he places the cards into position.