War: Victory

The C-21 Dragon was at the North side of the city, near where the river met the harbor, laying into some Na'vi warriors along with its few remaining escorts. It was moving to the water looking to assist the marina and harbor defenses and fire its heavy weaponry on some Tulkun when suddenly there was a huge jolt, the General and Korman being knocked from their feet. One of its escorting Seawasps had crashed into it, having been brought down by an arrow to the cockpit. The Assault Ship was still airborne, but this was the General's closest brush with death at the hands of these Na'vi and it enraged her.

"Status report," she said with frustration, trying to tamp down her anger.

Korman looked at some of the navigation screens. "Back right engine is hit. And we're down to one escort, General."

She huffed. "Start moving to the airfield."

Parker was in the Command Center with an anxious and irate Charles Stringer and Major Laurent, as well as Gatlin and Burke, all watching the screens showing the base's devastation—the destroyed marina and harbor, the massive pod of Tulkun moving through looking barely affected it seemed, the blimp crash over the industrial zone, destroyed maglev tracks, giant raging fires, and pillars of smoke everywhere. The Operations Center was mostly fine on account of Jake giving specific orders not to attack it given that's where Norm and Max were rescuing Kiri and Spider from.

And of course, there were swarming Na'vi all over the city, like insects Major Laurent thought. Parker was surprisingly calm, he'd experienced some of this before... somewhat. So at least he had familiarity. He hoped Miles and Zu and the other two recoms were okay and he found himself missing the General's presence in this room knowing the atmosphere would be calmer.

There was so much fiery commotion happening on the main screens that none caught the small-screened security camera video showing their hostage escapees, footage from inside the base being a non-priority at the moment. Why would they be looking at what was happening inside given what was happening outside? Suddenly, Laurent got a comms call from one of the guards who had awoken after being knocked out by Norm and Max.

"Sir! She's escaped, there were two guys," the SEC-OPS guard said frantically.

"Repeat that?" Laurent responded, alarmed.

"Sully's daughter has escaped!" the guard yelled.

Major Laurent's eyes went wide and he shoved past Parker to the in-base security screens, scanning each until he saw them exiting the airlock of the base. "FUCK!"

The General trusted Laurent to lead the base in her absence and all that's happened was a massive Na'vi attack and now the escape of their most prized hostage. Laurent spoke over the Operations Center PA system, "All on-base security personnel, Sully's daughter has escaped, they're headed to the airfield. Stop them by all non-lethal means necessary."

Major Laurent knew he had to radio the General. And he knew he was going to get an earful.

As Norm, Max, Spider, and Kiri made it to their gunship, their scientist pilot turned the engines on as she saw them approach. Norm pressed his hand to his comms. "Jake, we got them! We're about to take off."

"Copy that! Just wait, gotta get rid of some more of these gunships for you. Standby," Jake said with massive relief and excitement. "Neytiri—"

"I heard, MaJake," Neytiri answered, the same relief in her voice. But it wasn't over. Their Kestrel still had to escape the city.

There were only a few gunships left. Bob and Mike were still hanging in there, flying over the Southside industrial zone, firing into enemy Na'vi, desperately careful not to hit any Ash Na'vi forces, grateful that their banshee mounts were so different and easy to spot. Mike had brought down several opposing Na'vi who were flying up looking to drive their arrows into him, but he ducked back behind the cabin doors each time they tried, the inside of their Kestrel peppered with arrows meant for him. Bob knew that Na'vi had a penchant for driving their ballista-strength arrows through the cockpit glass so he was constantly looking up as he flew, successfully dodging five shots, one slamming through the other side of the glass and impaling itself in the seat next to him, Bob, letting out a relieved whistle.