1

KENZIE

KENZIE

A night out is exactly what I need. I've spent that last two weeks training with some of the best choreographers and technique coaches in LA, thanks to my mom and her many connections. And now I can just relax and be your average twenty-one year old college kid.

"Kenzie?" Danni calls from across the hall.

Danni who'sone of the dance team's captains' lives across the hall from me. She used to scare me a bit just because of the captain title she holds but now she's like an older sister to me.

Danni, Becky, our other team captain, Alana, a junior from the team, Sam, another sophomore from the team and I all live in a house right next to campus together. The summer I transferred from ASU to UCLA they happened to have an open spot for this school year at the house and offered it to me my first day with the team. The whole team welcomed me with open arms but the four of them have gone above and beyond to help me find my place at UCLA and on our team.

"What are you wearing tonight?" Danni's head pops up in my open door way.

All of us are getting ready to go meet up with Ellie and Summer to celebrate Summer's birthday.

All of our bedroom doors are propped open and there's music blasting from a speaker at the top of the stairs, echoing through to all our rooms.

"Not a clue," I chuckle looking over at her from where I'm sitting at my vanity.

"Could I maybe borrow that pink tube top with the little bow?" She asks so sweetly, I can't say no and would
never say no. It fits her better then it fits me anyway.

"Yeah, it's in my closet," I smile, "That grey bin on the left."

I don't know what I'm gonna do in a few weeks when Danni and Becky move out. The five of us have just clicked in the most perfect way. And it's not that I don't love the girls moving into their rooms next year but it's not gonna be the same.

"Do you know if Becks is wearing that white baby tee she has? The one with the little flowers?" I ask as Danni crosses from the door to my closet.

"No clue," she shrugs digging through my basket of tank tops. I nod and stand up walking down the hallway to Becky's room. The three of our rooms' are upstairs while Sam and Alana's rooms' are downstairs.

Becky, being the oldest and this being her third year living in the house, has the primary bedroom so when I walk through the open door and don't see her I head towards the connected bathroom.

"Becks?" I call out.

"Closet!" She shouts back.

I make my way over to her closet where she's standing in a pair of black jeans and a bra staring at her racks of clothes. Her black hair is slicked back into a bun, probably from her long day at work. Becky was a nursing major and now works full time at a local hospital, she's originally from Texas but got a job here in LA and she's been taking her sweet time moving out. I don't think she's ready to leave, and I'm okay with that because I don't want her to leave.