20

KENZIE
HALLOWEEN

It's only 10:30pm and I'm already way tipsier than I should be at this point in the night.

And we're just getting to this party....

"Oh it's gonna be a night," I sigh walking along the sidewalk arm in arm with Sam, who's dressed as Carrie, crown on her head and blood dripping down her whole body.

Chatting away in front of us are our other three roommates, who are also all dressed up for Halloween. Ivy is dressed as Poison Ivy, which I was shocked to find out she had never done before. Emma is dressed up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and Alana's tied into a yellow corset dress as Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

My roommates and I are walking up to some giant mansion where Ellie's hosting a Halloween party.

"You good?" Sam asks looking over at me.

I turn to look at her, "Yeah, just a bit tipsy," I smile at her.

A smile grows on her face, "Same!"

We both burst out into laughter, Alana, Ivy and Emma all stop in their tracks to turn to look at us.

"What in the world are you two laughing about?" Ivy asks with a little laugh too.

"Nothing," I shake my head.

"What a sight this is," Emma notes, then laughing as she says, "Carrie and a fairy laughing like crazy people on the sidewalk."

Now all of us are hunched over, holding our bellies laughing as people walk past us on the other side of the street, heading to the same party we're going to.

A couple minutes later, we all collect ourselves and head into the party.

When we get inside the lights are dim, different colors flash through out the house, the music is loud and there's people everywhere.

"Girls!" Ellie's voice comes from my left and we all turn to see her. We all wave and meet her half way.

She's dressed as Little Red Riding Hood, while Alex stands beside her dressed up some modern version of the Big Bad Wolf.

Ellie hugs each of us and says individual 'hellos' before saying, "I'm so happy you all came! There's an open bar in the back, karaoke downstairs, enjoy yourselves! If you need anything find me!"

"Drinks?" Emma asks with a smile as she starts walking backwards towards the open back doors.

"Go! Have fun!" Ellie smiles as she basically bounces away, dragging Alex behind her. They're cute.

Then as they walk away and we all head to get a drink, it hits me...if Alex is here, Logan's probably here. We haven't seen each other or even talked since that night we got extremely high together and fell asleep in my room.

Okay, mhmm nope, stop I can't think about him right now. I'm here to have fun with my girls, the last month has been nothing but school, homework, endless nights of dance practices and performances.

I just wanna let loose tonight and just relax for our two free days before national practices starts.

"Anyone wanna take a shot?" I ask as we wait in line for drinks.

"Yes!" Alana bounces on her toes excitedly.

"I'm down," Sam nods.

"Sam!"

All five of us turn to look at the voice. There's a tall girl waving at her, she's got the most beautiful tight curly hair that's done up into a bun on top of her head, curly pieces hang in front of her face. I'm guessing she's dressed as Kim Possible by the cropped black long sleeve and green cargo pants she has on.