5

KENZIE

"Let me know how the draft goes?" I say as Logan and I exit the plane.

Sitting next to him wasn't as bad as I expected. Well, the alcohol definitely helped. I ended up buying him a drink and we chatted the whole flight. It felt like old times when we'd just sit in his car and talk all night long.

"I'll send you a signed hat to resell when I'm a big star," he winks.

I roll my eyes, "You're getting a bit ahead of yourself, Evans."

"You'll see," he smirks as he starts walking towards baggage claim and I head towards the pick up area.

"Goodbye, Logan," I call turning around, continuing to walk away.

I make my way through the airport to the curb so I can wait for Mom, who's supposed to be picking me up.

I send her a quick text saying what door I'm outside of and get the text back I expected....

mom: Yay! I'm so sorry honey, but I'm stuck at practice! Can you get an uber home? Or here? Or call Macey?

I tell her I'll take a car home, and let out a deep sigh. I love her, but work has always come before me and my sister. And I'm not gonna spend forty minutes waiting for Macey to get here, plus her driving kinda scares me.

I grab the handle of my carry on and start towards the car share pick up at the other end of the airport.

"Where are you going?"

Oh my god, he's everywhere.

"To wait for my uber," I turn to look at Logan who just walked out of the door I'm about to go into.

"I thought your mom was picking you up," he raises a brow at me.

"She's stuck at practice."

"Well," he gestures to the blue pick up truck pulling up, "Nick just pulled up if you want a ride."

I turn over my shoulder to see his brother's blue truck he's had since we met. It's rusting on the back and the drivers side door has been replaced but never repainted to it's silver unlike the rest of the car.

Fuck it, this means I'll get home quicker.

"Sure, thanks," I nod.

I follow Logan to his brothers truck.

Nick gets out and rounds the front of the truck to hug his brother.

I forgot how different they are. I haven't seen Nick since that traumatic prom night but he's the same Nick I remember. He's wearing cowboy boots, jeans and some shirt promoting the farm he works for. And even though he's the older brother, Logan's a few inches taller. But Nick's got a beard, which does make him look older.

While Logan is tall and built like the athlete he is. And he's tan from being in LA, plus the few tattoos he's got on his right arm. The buzzed blonde hair also sets him apart from his brunette brother. Just looking at them you'd think they were from two different families.

"You mind dropping Kenz off at her place?" Logan asks Nick, who looks over at me.

"No way," he says sounding shocked, "Kenzie like the girl you went to prom with?"

Oh great.

"Yeah, let's maybe not talk about that," Logan pats his brother on the shoulder. "She lives just a few streets down from Mom and Dad."

"Sure," Nick shrugs with a smile, "Nice to see you again, kid."

"You too," I smile at him, "And thank you."