3

KENZIE
THE NEXT MORNING

Ow, is the first thought I have when I wake up. I slowly roll over, but instantly regret it.

"Fuck," I groan, taking a deep breath. I just lay there for a second.

I feel like literal death. I drank so much last night, first it was to have fun with my friends then it became drinking to not think about high school and about Logan.

Fucking Logan. This is his fault.

I slowly sit up, opening my eyes looking at myself in the mirror that sits right across from me. I look like a mess, pieces of my hair are sticking out every which way possible. I can see there was an attempt to get my makeup off but I have mascara smudged across the left side of my face.

I look over at my room and my jeans and Becky's green shirt are on the floor, but when I stand up I'm only in the tank top and my underwear.

I pull on a pair of cotton shorts and reach into my closet for a hoodie. The one I grab is black Yours Truly, yes like the album by Ariana Grande, hoodie. It's a few sizes too big but I love it.

It was a birthday gift from my parents when I was thirteen, they got my sister and I matching hoodies and tickets to her concert. It was the best night of our young lives.

I slip on my white fluffy slippers and head downstairs. I can hear the distance chatter already.

When I walk into the living room Sam is wrapped in a blanket laying on one end of the couch. Becky has her legs pulled up to her chest and the hood of her hoodie pulled over head as she leans against the side of the couch, opposite of Sam. Alana's laying on the floor on her phone, still in her black dress from last night, and Danni looks like she's falling back asleep curled up in a ball in the love seat.

"She's awake!" Alana cheers, sitting up.

"Quieter," Danni groans trying to cover her ears.

"Shhh," I hum as I make my way over to sit between Sam and Becky on the couch.

"I thought you went home with that guy?" I ask Alana.

"I'm ordering food then we can debrief, what do you want?" Alana sits up and hands me her phone over the coffee table.

I take the phone and start scrolling through the menu of our favorite local coffee shop. They've all already put in their orders and I know exactly what I want, an everything bagel toasted with a shit ton of cream cheese and an iced green tea. I quickly put it in and hand Alana her phone back.

I lean over and rest my head on Sam's hip like it's a pillow. She doesn't even flinch when I lay down, so I close my eyes and try to rest more because every breath I take makes me feel like I might throw up.  

I don't know how much time passes but at some point the front door bell rings.

"Got it," I hear Alana say. I slowly open my eyes and sit up.

"Food is here," I whisper poking Sam with my right hand and Becky with my left.

"Stop," Becky reaches over and weakly hits my hand.

Sam doesn't move.

"You keep sleeping, I'll eat your food don't worry," I tease as I slide down to the floor between the couch and the coffee table as Alana walks back in.

Alana pulls out everyone's food and sets them it front of the person it belongs to.

"Thank you," I smile up at her as she hands me my iced tea.