Chapter 1 - Donahue's Secrets.

17 Years Later.

Poison

Rain dropped down from the gloomy clouds above me, the darkness was comforting, a friend. So was the cool wash of water rushing down my face as I stare myself down in the reflection of the window I was looming through. I wasn't very focused on my mission tonight and though my mind was hazy, I couldn't help but fall into the coming memories. 

There was harsh training, a demented lifestyle lived only by Sargent Marcus Floyd's only living son. He was a dick, to describe him in the simplest sense. Sound snippets prickled at my ear as the devil himself speaks over the tiny intercom I had stuffed into my right ear. An annoying new addition to my kit.

"What's the situation boy." His voice was deep and aged like a fine wine that didn't deserve his face, It wasn't a question, more of an order or a demand. I roll my eyes in return and say "Hold your horses, he'll show eventually...these types of men usually do."

"Just stay out of sight until he's alone."

I scoff out a restrained breath, knowing that he had no idea how sneaky I had become over the years, the moment I could walk he had started the brutal training under his own hands, so many bruises and broken bones, I'd lost count.

"Whatever you say, Sarge" I hissed down the mic as I shut him off before he could distract me any further, looking back to my refection seeing the muted green skin, I hated it so much I clench my fists into balls, concentrating all my will into shuddering the colour away, but no luck, again.

The sounds of tumbling furniture and shouts breaks my brooding concentration and I look back through the glass and see scattered paper on the floor and an ominous handprint smeared by the bookcase, a shadow passing through the door way. I had no time to think before I felt a tugging on my winch, the line holding me against the tall building, the pane of glass creaking under my weigh as I pressed my boots against it.

Looking up I expected to see no one but to my surprise, a figure peered over the edge of the building, a face I knew well.

"Well well, what do we have here, a thief or an assassin tonight Poison?" the smug man clearing his throat in an attempt to be heard.

"Oh Wonderboy, didn't see you there, I'm just hanging out ya know?" My attempt at being inconspicuous failed spectacularly. He grabs a hold of the line, his super suit glistened in the moonlight, grey and blue streaks in a dazzling display of heroism and pure blooded American, my nemesis.

"Cut the crap, you know there are more important villains to manhandle tonight" He said pulling the line upwards with a knowing smirk curving his lips, his power was the typical super strength as I'd learned over the years, my boots squeaked against the glass as I resist his tugging strength, pull by pull he hoists me up to the skyscrapers edge, holding me by my sleek dark outfit, fitted with belts and buckled with goodies and gadgets, which he immediately gets a hold of.

"You don't understand, You need to save Donahue, he's in danger I saw-"

"Why should I believe you, you've lied to me every chance you got" 

It was sweet he was trying this hard to be a good nemesis but I really didn't have the time tonight, and as usual, he forgets about my own powers. My fingerless gloves grabbed at his wrist, my nails sprout needle like talons that breaks his fragile skin like butter, his skin splitting by a hairline. And just like that, he was falling to the floor and releasing his grip on me.