Chapter 15 - Goodnight.

Retracing my steps from the village and back to the main road leading up to the castle, there was a growing pit in my stomach since I left the party on the beach. Viper listened and didn't even follow me, the second I reach the sign where my powers would cease to be I pause.

The invigorating feeling still pulsing through my veins like a drug. Should I? Why would I want to...

I go to turn but movement from behind me rises goose bumps along the back of my neck, the hairs standing on end with a sense of danger spiking like lightning. I go to protect myself but it was too late, the person locks behind me and presses a cloth against my face, I try so hard to hold my breath but the chemical passes through my nostrils and burning at the roof of my mouth.

"Why isnt he knocked out yet?!" My captors gruff voice sounds just above my head.

"I don't know just keep pressing it against his-"

I take the momentary distraction as an opportunity to escape, slipping under my captors grasp whose arms were bulky and strong. Both figures face's were shrouded in black masks, a small marking illuminated green above their forehead of an upside down sword or spear. They stood where they were and stared dumbly at me as I cough my guts up from whatever they tried to nock me out with.

"You have three seconds to explain yourselves before I paralyse you both and leave you for the tide!" I threaten, holding my chest as I heave up, my fingers outstretched and claws at the ready to prick sand slash at a single moment. They silently gaze to each other and nod, their movements low as they slowly begin to circle me. I regain control of my breathing and pace between them as I examine them. One was skinnier than the other, the larger one was the captor and his friend the leader.

"We don't appreciate your interference tonight, Floyd" The gruff man speaks, his voice tinged with judgement, he was taller than me but that wouldn't help him one bit.

"So you're the idiots who spiked the drinks?"

I turn my gaze behind me as the smaller one hopes to pounce when I wasn't noticing, making her back up as my eyesight switches between both of my opponents. This would still be tricky.

"Guilty~" She makes the first move with a spiking punch to my temple, I only have a split second to dodge her advance before her shoulder bashes into my body, sending me sprawling off into the sand of the beach. I regain my footing and wipe the sand from my eyes as it scrapes against my skin like grit. They weren't going to hold any punches back. The gruff one scoffs under his breath.

"And you call yourself super"

He reels back his fist and shoots it like a torpedo at my chest while the girls spins around me to pincher me like last time, but I'm a fast learner. Just as the two were about to collide with me I drop to the ground and roll to safety as they topple into each other, his punch hitting her shoulder and her knee heading straight into his groin with a vengeance.

He remains on the ground with his balls in a protected cage of fingers, softly moaning to himself as she rises, wringing her shoulder of pain before squaring against me once again.

"I hope you're faster than him~" I taunt as her head cocks to the side, mocking me.

"I hope you die faster than your Munie mother~"

The comment takes me aback, knocking my senses and leaving her an opening to send her foot crushing into my diaphragm, I was already at the foot of the sea as my body crashes into the water, the salty waves crashing over my body as my arms were slowly losing their strength. She advances without restraint and striking my blocks with her jabbing hands, like spears they hit and pinched and prodded until she had poked her way through my defence.