Chapter 13 - Toebung.

"So why didn't you recognise me?"

My question was asked the second we left class, everyone but Cady, Wonderboy and I had left the corridor. Viper had looked on at Spike as he walked away which sent a nervous rush up my spine when he follows, or at least, that's what I think it was.

"Come on Poison...you can't expect me to just reveal my hand while I'm here...and to be honest, I didn't think you would be here." he said, leaning across the door way and waiting for my response.

"Why not?" It had been awhile since we had a normal conversation, the last one was in Nightside, I had been looking at a mark of mine that I had been waiting on for months to get a clear shot. The building was heavily guarded but that wasn't the issue as he showed up moments later after I had already stolen the money. I still remember the conversation as clear as day.

"Why is that whenever you're around its to steal something?"

"This isn't about the thieving, why would you always assume I'm stealing from good people?" I asked, hands on my hip with a wad of cash rolled tightly in my fingertips, the money bag at my feet where he had cornered me.

"Oh ok Robin Hood, I'll just let you go about your business, acting as if I never watched you rob the man who paid me to stop that very thing" His voice was tired that night, clearly he had had another run in with his dad, who wasn't missing yet.

I sighed, sick of this circling as he didn't hear me out. I tried one last approach.

"Will you at least let me show you? its not as bad as it looks..."

He paused for a moment, taking in my genuine tone and sincere look I offer his way, hoping it doesn't flop under his strict gaze.

"Fine...you get one hour"

"Gonna need a little longer than that, Boy-Wonder~" I tease, pointing over to Serpo with a cheeky grin, knowing exactly what I'm after.

He shakes his head.

"Don't expect this all the time, we're still enemies"

"I hate you too~" I say with that classic smugness I was so happy to fall into whenever I was out on the job, climbing onto his back as he carries me piggyback style.

"No claws!" he warns as I chuckle to myself.

"Never, now lets go, they're waiting for me!" The smile on my face was hard to shake as he began to levitate, wait....did I mention he could fly? oh well, back to the story. I'd never been flying and Wonderboy was known for zooming around the city when he was on patrol, just like his father. Only it was more contained and shortened, he could only fly for a few hours before getting really tired.

As we flew, the city lights of Umbra raise up to meet us, shining like purple and indigo stars that crashed like waves on the rock. Over and over we flew past Velox, their electric being powered by runners who never tired and could run 24/7. Oranges and yellows pulsing like sunlight when they ran.

And after that we had finally made it to Serpo, the ride smooth and comfy with his strong arms supporting my legs and thighs, I held on around his neck which he didn't mind as we touch down on the edge of Serpo.

"We're here, wait a second I'm just going to-"

"I knew it, you're going to lie to me again"

"What are you even saying, you just said you were gonna hear me out!" Our row was getting louder by the second once his accusation lit a fire under me.