Chapter 12 - A Dance of Defence and Attack.

Not only had the worst people to be in this class reared their heads at my arrival, but others were seen when the class turned to face me. Spike, that Umbran girl from the arena and the Avian too. There were so many different coloured eyes gazing at me that the teacher at the front was forced to interrupt their staring.

"Now now, lets all pay attention to the teacher and lets get this class over with." He spreads his arms out wide and immediately a white board swung from the non-existent ceiling, the roof must've been so high up it was a black abyss above us all, the Theatre being a wide and very open space despite it being inside. There were still purple curtain lining the walls and on the opposite side were blue.

"Today we will be checking your combat prowess, this was tested in your first lesson today already, but this isnt game, nor is it supposed to be fun...I'm here to teach you what you do when your powers are not working or have been took away from you...we'll be starting with basics" when he rises his hands again, the theatre was slowly being melded to appear bigger like a roman race track for chariots.

The wide open space was not wasted on a single student as we all spread out away from each other which gave my weakening heart a little more time before It'd burst completely.

"I'll be splitting you into pairs throughout the class and in the final hour we will watch the best performers battle it out without their powers to prove who is the best among you, you may begin with a partner of your own choosing" The professor was rather forgettable, A long face with cat whiskers for a pitiful moustache.

There was a massive scramble, my first instinct would've been to find Viper, but with our alliance being put to the test already we needed to stay separated, luckily as I look for my next best choice she appears at my side and cradles my arm roughly, Cady. I knew such an action would shock the Heroes and Villains both and Silas watched on intently as she walks with me to a free space away from everyone.

"How are things since your little drama show?" she asked me genuinely.

"About as good as we can hope, most people took it at face value but..."

"But?" she stops, looking at me like something had changed or happened.

"Wonderboy...he's here" I say quietly as she laughed to herself, amusing on the fact that it really was stupid to be as shocked as I was.

"The son of WonderMan, in the greatest school he could possibly be in and potentially at the top of his classes? wow, so unbelievable." Her voice was a confident wave of sarcasm as we set up in fighting stances.

"Okay Cady I get it, of course he'd be here, his mum probably wanted him to have the best education after his dad..." 

"Disappeared off the face of the Core?"

"Exactly, his dad was ruthless but I doubt he'd want to leave his son behind, but enough about that BS, lets just get to fighting" I say, raising my hands in defence.

"If you're sure, ill make your ass kicking swift" She teases as we dance around each other, throwing punches that weren't aggressive or overtly mean, sparring like regular fighters did. It had never been this way when I was growing up, My father was obsessed with the idea that if your opponent was sparring with you it was to gage your weaknesses or find out truths hidden behind a sturdy and solid wall.

"So, Silas..." I say, midway between blocking her punch.

"Shut up, that's not what we're going to..." She groans in-between her steady slew of punches. "Talk about...I already told you it was complicated"

"I know that but how complicated is complicated?"

She looks at me like she wanted to punch my face, which is what she attempted and failed due to my fast reflexes, I could tell the topic was putting her off. Her hands weren't as clenched and her face grew less vicious with each mention of his name, so I dropped it.