Chapter 9 - Cady The Baby.

The next two hours were a flurry of attacks and finishers that could've easily killed any man who faced me, but every time I went to strike he dodged, his agility far sharper than mine as he danced around me like he was playing a game. Professor Niles was like a cat made out of flame, agile and quick in his older age.

"Come now Poison, hit me already" Condescension, fun.

"UGHHH, this. is. POINTLESS!" I throw everything I have at him and he dodges again, sending my attack straight into the bookshelves on the sides, obliterating them where they stood. No matter what I did he would dodge it.

"Where are all the students...I thought this was supposed to be a group class"

"It is, just because they aren't here doesn't mean they aren't there, they all finally caught up to you...I figured pairings and groups wouldn't work well with you in the simulation...so I opted to do it one on one instead" I thought at the small piece of information he gave me.

"How are you projecting yourself into their minds as well as mine? my dad never mention-"

"No, though your father never knew anything about me he was right about that, I don't have that power no...but the pods give us the ability to see into each others minds, gather information...maybe even kill if you tried hard enough" he smirks at that then shakes it off and continues " It can project my mind into all of your Scapes at the same time, though its hard to keep track of everyone which is why there are only 12 in this class."

"You're telling me a lot...why?" I was fairly out of breath by this point, giving my all to touch him once and failing every time.

"Because I'm here to teach you...however watching you suffer is a small bonus~"

I growl in frustration that fires me back up, diving for him again as he clicks his tongue against the top of his mouth, tutting.

"And you certainly won't catch me by surprise either"

I let out a huge sigh and go to stand in my stance again, but he raises his hand to stop me.

"We're out of time for today, you have another lesson to get to"

"Please don't tell me I have to move in it" I whined.

"Fine you wont, but work on your form, its sloppy"

Sloppy? Oh please, my father is one thing but he's also the man who taught me top grade military combat, a few martial arts here and there and poured everything he knew to me. I was very far from Sloppy.

Ego aside, the simulation ends and a minute later I woke, feeling as if I had a full night's rest all over again, my muscles relaxed and the heaving, exhausted breaths were steady and ready for anything.

"Poe"

I turn to hear Viper calling me, but I immediately recognise my mistake and grimace.

"So you will answer to Poe, good to know~" he smirks, steering me away with an arm rested against my shoulders and out of the classroom.

"That'll get old very quick, unless I give you a nick-name too?" I said as he scoffs.

"Snake isn't good enough?"

I face him properly, he was smiling but I could tell every hurtful thing I had said in the arena still stung and I couldn't let him carry on like that.

"I didn't mean it...and I'm sorry"

His smile fades, that sparky tone was nothing now as he settles his mischievous side.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have lied I know but...I was afraid you'd dismiss me completely"