5. Hands in Hands

They had reached the banks of a pretty deserted island, 2-3 days ago. They were walking mindlessly on the paths. They were to leave this place tomorrow morning. They had been sleeping under trees etc, eating anything they can find. She was his guide in this whole journey. She used to tell him about her different adventures, the storms she had faced, about different trees, flowers and he just used to listen to her with a smile on his face.

"And ones I had catched a Salmon on my sail, it was quite delicious I must say. So that's how"..... She kept going and he kept listening. Just then he saw a Mogra tree in distance. The flowers in it had bloomed beautifully. He then remembered that Poonkuzlali meant flower, so he quickly ran there. She was quite confused on why he had ran away.

'She will look good with these' he thought to himself as he picked some of the flowers. Things started to make sense to her when she saw him picking the flowers. He ran back to her with a handful of mogra flowers in his hands, a smile dancing on his face. "Here" he said giving the flowers to her and starting to walk again without any words. Though she didn't like these flowers much, she still was happy with the thought that he had given something to her. She thought that he had given it to her by the meaning of her name. She slowly placed the flowers behind her ear, and joined him.

_The next morning, on the boat_

They were sailing again, going to another far away land. Though this time the were talking normally. Just then the wind started to brew faster. The winds had been ruff since morning but they didn't thought much of it. They saw a huge storm approaching them. And before they knew it, the whole ocean was raging.

The waves were crashing against the deck/boat. They both were trying to balance themselves while trying to balance the boat too. They both were communicating with each other through their eyes as they pulled the ropes, tightened the oars, just trying to keep the water at bay.

Just then Arulmozhi saw a huge wave behind Poonkuzlali. "Poonkuzlali!!!" He yelled but it was too late. The wave had engulfed her. He stared at the spot where she had stood. He was frozen on the spot, all the blood drained from his face. He tried to get to the other side but he trembled down. At that moment he saw a hand come up and cling to the boat. Poonkuzlali emerged from under the ocean.

She was gasping for air. He quickly crawled to her and helped her inside. They stood on their legs, his hands were still on her shoulders. He looked at her as if she wasn't real. He was overcome by emotion and in the heat of the moment he pulled her into a hug. A tight one.

She was confused, surprised and actually she was happy. Her heart had already been beating fast, but now it went into a frenzy.

He was so glad that she was alive and was more surprised when she hugged him back. After some time he let loose of her and he took her hands in his as they faced the storm with new energy. After that they, till he returned back to the base, faced each storm with their hands intertwined with each other's.

The next morning they saw a new land infront of them.

•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••
( A/N )

I hope that you guys like this chapter. Instances mentioned are from the book. If any confusion let me know! :)

Any suggestions and feedback appreciated.

∆ Requests Accepted ∆

_ All work is original. Do not copy _