7. Not her fault

Vanathi was sitting on the porch of her balcony. It had became her favourite spot to think. She knew that her Akka had noticed that she had been staying quite a lot of times. It's been a month since any news about her Yaanai Paagan had reached them.

      He was like a parmanent resident in her heart and mind. She thought about him day and night. Her question roamed around him. 'How was he? Is he safe? When is he going to come back?' and many more. Her Akka had said that the Poonkuzlali chapter has closed and that she was just a guide for him in his expenditure.

      She had an uneasy feeling about this girl. She thought she was getting insane. She neither can be angry at her until she can get to know her nor that she was seeing her as an unequal because of her lineage. She knew that that girl would have something in her as she had been able to catch his attention.

      She let out a sigh as thought of this. Since childhood she has been a quite child. She have had many losses in her life but she had people around her to help to deal with them. A tear left her eyes. She quickly wiped it, not understanding why did she cry. She smiled a little. Maybe she was getting insane.

      As she thought of this Kundavai entered her room with a smile. She had a palm leaf in her hand. "Thambi has sent a message." She said with her smile. Kundavai saw as a big smile appeared on Vanathi's face. Kundavai quickly went near her and started to read it.

Dear Akka,
      I pay my respects to you. We have reached Singhala. The war will most likely start next month. I just wanted to inform you and hope that you will bless me. Velir mama has been eating my mind out with war tactics. They are good, but he only talks about them. Please save me as I may go insane.
      There's a deadly flu spreading slowly in the northern part. It isn't spreading rapidly but still.
      How are you? I hope you are fine. I miss you. There are times when I really want your guidance but then I remember that you are not here. Is father's health getting any better? And....... How is your friend, that Kadambulur Ilavarasi, doing now? Her uncle asks about her. I hope that she is fine... I mean that all of you are fine.
      Please reply fast, I will be waiting.

Yours lovingly,

    Thabi/Arulmozhi Varman.

      Kundavai looked at Vanathi after reading it. A blush had appeared on her face after reading the last part.
   "So... What should I tell him?" She asked with a mischievous smile.
   "What can I say Akka....."
   "Wait a second.... Are you still thinking about that boat girl?"
   "Nothing like that Akka" she said, a frown appearing on his face.
   "Leave it Vanathi.... Nothing is going to happen between them."
   "It's not her fault Akka, that your brother doesn't like me."
   "It's not like that Vanathi....."
   "Leave it Akka. I am feeling a bit dull..... I am going to rest now." Vanathi said leaving her Akka behind.

      She wiped a few tears which had formed in her eyes. Her only wish was that her Yaanai Paagan returned safely from his expenditure.

•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••
( A/N )

I hope that you guys liked this chapter. Instances mentioned are from the book. If any confusion let me know! :)

Any suggestions and feedback appreciated.

∆ Requests Accepted ∆

_ All work is original. Do not copy _