6. Mogra

They were again walking. The sky was bright, with the birds chirping, butterflies and honeybees gathering nectar, the trees lush green. The road was a bit Rocky and uneven.

As they were talking, poonkuzlali didn't see the rock ahead of her. Her leg got stuck in it and she stumbled down."Aaiyo!" His quick reflex got to work and he quickly grabbed her wrist.

She let out a sigh as she stopped falling. Then she realised that Ponniyin Selvan had grabbed her wrist to stop the fall. She directly looked at him, surprise shown in her eyes. Their eyes locked. He let go of her as he felt his cheeks burn a little. She also felt a light blush creeping on her face. She straightened back up.

They didn't talk much after that. Just a peaceful but awkward walk. Arulmozhi was looking at the greenery when he saw a flowering tree which made him smile. It was Mogra. He went near it, quickly grabbed some and again went back to her.

She put forth her palm, expecting that he will give them to her like last time. But this time he neared her. Butterflies arrived in her stomach. He was inches away from her when he slowly moved his hands near her head.

She was staring at his eyes while he was placing the flowers behind her ear. His hands were brushing her cheeks and forehead. This caused her to have goosebumps all over her body.

As he was almost finished, he looked at her. They both had faint blushes on their face.

As he stared at her brown eyes, 'they are soo beautiful...... but not as much as Vanathi's' this thought of his made him frown a bit. 'this is such a wonderful moment..... But....... Why am I thinking about the Kadambulur Ilavarasi? What does she have to do with all this? Why is she in my thoughts right now? Why did I compare Poonkuzlali to her?' all these thoughts started to surround his mind.

After this they went on. Though he didn't thought of this moment more..... She was the one who cherished this moment for the rest of his life.

_At Pazlayarai_

Vanathi was lost in her thoughts. She had heard the news about Arulmozhi, which her Akka had told her. The news which only the royal circle knew. That Ponniyin Selvan was to travell around the different coasts in the week so that he could know the surroundings. Her Akka had also told her the information she had got from her secret messenger. The news only her Akka knew, that he had went for the week long voyage with a girl. Samudra Kumari to be exact.

•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••
( A/N )

Guys, I seriously didn't enjoy much writing this chapter. As a AMV and Vanathi fan, this was too hurtful to write. But what is a love story without jealousy right? Right? More drama is on the way...... Or the drama is going to start now.... But I hope that you guys liked this chapter. Instances mentioned are from the book. If any confusion let me know! :)

Any suggestions and feedback appreciated.

∆ Requests Accepted ∆

_ All work is original. Do not copy _