Chapter 1

Eva's pov:

It's been 2 weeks since Liam and I got adopted by Brian legally in court. Brian told us that he'll let us get used to the house and the routine.

He didn't talk to us about school or the doctor and dentist appointments and I am glad honestly because I have an ache in my mouth; Probably a toothache. It's not fun at all and I try to hide it as much as possible.

Honestly, I'm afraid of the dentist. I never went to one even when I was a kid. I only went to the doctors every now and then, not always. Living with one is kind of bad because when I get sick or have a toothache, like I have now, he's going to fuss and make a great deal about it. Speaking of the devil.

I'm currently in the living room on the couch watching TV with Lexi. I heard his big footsteps coming towards me. I looked at my side to see him looking at me with a nervous look. I lifted my eyebrow to him and he sighed. I patted on the couch, so he can sit. He sat down and bent to get the remote control on the coffee table and turned off the TV.

"What's wrong?"

I asked and waited for him to answer back, but he didn't. Instead, I heard Liam's footsteps coming to the living room. I looked at him and he wasn't looking happy at all.

"What's wrong Li?"

He looked at Brian. Then, I looked between them, and finally looked at Brian.

"You didn't tell her?!"

"Tell me what?"

Brian sighed and motioned to Liam to talk.

"He's making us go to the doctor appointment tomorrow and he won't be the doctor. Then, on Wednesday, we have a dentist appointment with his friend and he might not be able to come"

Liam said in anger. I starred at him in shock, not able to say a word.

"W-What... Did... You... Say?"

"I said- hey what's wrong with your face?"

Liam stopped talking when he looked at me. I raised my eye brows to him. He motioned to his face.

"What's wrong... Li? Do... Do I have something on my face?"

He shook his head. Brian looked at me and frowned. He was quiet all this time.

"Eva."

He said with a warning tone. I got scared a little and swallowed my saliva.

"Um... Y-yes Brian?"

"Is there something you forgot to tell me? Maybe something that caused your mouth to swell as if you have an allergy?"

I looked at him dumbfounded. He couldn't possibly mean my toothache right?

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I think you know exactly what I am talking about."

I was getting nervous, legs shaking up and down, my hands and head were sweating, and I felt like I couldn't breath. I knew right there that I was having a panic attack.

Brian moved quickly from the couch and infront of me. He crouched so he can see me.

"Eva, I need you to breath."

I tried to breath, but I couldn't control my self. Tears ran down my cheeks as I couldn't breath. Liam came beside me and took me in his ember so I can hear his heartbeat.

It was working a bit and soon I was able to breath normally. I was still in Liam's ember and he was trying to rock me so I could calm down.

"It's been a while since you had these attacks. Eva, I want you to know that I won't be mad when you tell me. Disappointed maybe, but I'm just trying to do what what's best for you so you can be comfortable and happy. Just tell me how long have you had the toothache. "

" A- a we-ek"

I said through my small hiccups. He nodded and looked at me. I looked at him and his eyes were full of worry, care, and love. I got out of Liam's ember and went to Brian's.

We sat on the floor quietly, him hugging me.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know we could've gotten take care of it sooner."

"I never went to a dentist before and I am scared of them. Their tools are sharp and scary. They make people in more pain than they already are."

"Oh Eva. You know I would never let anyone hurt you right. Their tools might be scary, but they help you get rid of the pain. Sometimes you have to take the pain to get relief. They don't hurt people, they help them get better like me. I help people get better and I am not scary."

"Don't let me go please."

"Im afraid you'll have to go. Liam too. Except that, I am coming with you two. How much pain are you in? Scale from 1 to 10"

"Um... Like a 6 or 7"

"Ok, do you mind if we go today instead of Wednesday? I don't want to leave you in pain. I'll be there to comfort you and help you. So will Liam, right Liam?"

He nodded his head and came on the floor to join us.  They both hugged me and comforted me. We sat like that for a few minutes before Brian stood up and left to make a call. I stayed in Liam's embrace.

" Have you ever gone to the dentist Li?"

" Ya, a couple of times."

"Is it scary? Do they hurt you?"

"No they try not to hurt me, but sometimes the process makes it hurt. It's actually not that bad. Although, I had some bad experience myself."

"What happened?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"ok"

We kept quite till Brian came with a smile on his face.

"My friend is free now, so we can go."

Me and Li got up from the floor. We went upstairs to change our clothes. Then, we went downstairs and got out of the house. Brian was behind us with his keys. He locked the door as soon as we were out. Then  we all went towards the car and rode to the dentist office.