Chapter 5

Eva's pov:

"Let's strap her down. That way we can work without her moving."

"Good idea. Liam hold her while me and Mark strap her."

"On it!"

I started to hyperventilate, feeling everything around me getting blurred. I can't believe what I heard. Brian and Liam were never this evil. A lot of things were happening around me and sooner than I imagined, I was trapped on the chair–strapped very well.

"Alright, I'll put the mouth prop inside her mouth and then we can start."

I heard Mark say as I saw him with a mouth prop in his hands.

"Alright Eva, open your mouth unless you want us to force open it and it won't be lovely."

I shook my head as I cried and shook in my place. I saw Brian from my peripheral vision coming behind me to open my mouth forcefully. I closed my eyes wishing all of this was a nightmare and not reality.

" EVA!"

I woke up shaking and breathing heavily. My vision was blurry and I saw 2 figures infront of me.

"Ple-ease do-on't str-rap me-e."

"Woah! Woah! No body is getting strapped. Calm down."

Brian said, trying to calm me down. Liam came and took me in his ember. He kept rubbing his hands on my shoulder and back and rocking me while I cried between his arms.

After calming down, I look at my surroundings and saw that I was in my room. I was confused on how I got here. Last thing I remember is being in the dentist chair. Brian must've read my thoughts because he explained.

"We got you here after passing out. It's 6 pm. I was in the middle in preparing dinner when we both heard your screams."

We sat in silence before Liam spoke.

"What happened? Was it a nightmare?"

I nodded my head.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head. They nodded in understandmemt.

"Well, I'll go finish up dinner and leave you to calm down."

Brian said as he kissed both our heads and went downstairs after shutting the door. It was quiet again between Liam and I.

"I'm here if you ever wanted to talk ok?"

I hummed.

I stayed between his arms till Brian called us for dinner. We both went downstairs and sat on the table in the kitchen opposite to each other. Brian served us our plates and his. He sat down at the head of the table between us.

After dinner, I went upstairs to my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I laid down on the bed and sighed thinking about my nightmare and if it'll happen in real life. I almost dozed off when someone knocked on the door.

"Enter!"

Brian entered and closed the door behind him. He came and sat at the end of the bed. I looked at him waiting for him to talk.

"How are you now?"

"Good I guess."

He kept fidgeting with his fingers and bouncing his leg. I never saw him this nervous around me.

"What's wrong Brian?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you since nightmares aren't great for you. What I mean is that it's been a while since you had a nightmare that bad. You sure you don't want to talk about it? What triggered it?"

I stayed quiet for a while and looked somewhere else.

" You guys strapped me on the chair and almost had my mouth forced open. You and Mark strapped me, Liam held me down, and you almost forced my mouth open, but the nightmare ended."

I shook in my place as I told him. He came closer to me and took me in his ember between his arms.

" You know damn well I'll never let anything bad happen to you nor will I ever do anything to you to make you scared of me. Liam is your brother, adopted yes as you, but still your brother. I know he's younger, but he won't let anything bad happen to you. Mark is my friend and I trust him. If he ever did anything bad or trusted that he will, I would've never let you near him. You have to understand that our jobs aren't exactly the easiest jobs. Some people are scared and do things they don't intentionally mean to do because of how scared they are.

For example, today, Liam injured himself when he was nervous. He was scared and unintentionally removed the scraping tool from his mouth and injured his cheeks from inside. Of course, we stitched it after that.

The point is that no matter how scared you are or nervous or do anything unintentionally, I'll be there for you and I'll forgive you. I know it's hard to go to the dentist when you never went. It's a whole new experience, but you'll get over it once you are used to it. I'll be here for you and so will Liam and my sister too."

I teared at his words as it hit me hard. I sniffled and he looked down at me and saw me tearing up.

" Awe Eva. No need to cry."

He hugged me tightly and rubbed my back till I stopped. We sat in calming quietness till Brian talked.

" That reminds me, I need you to meet my family–Your family. You haven't met them yet and they are your grandparents. How about next week I take you and Liam and introduce you both to them."

"I don't know. I'm scared."

"Don't worry. They'll not hurt you or anything. They are very sweet, I promise. If anything happens, we can leave at once. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you and Liam. On a side note, I can't remember telling them about adopting you yet."

He laughed nervously at the end which made me scowl at him.

" You didn't tell them yet!? And now you just want us to meet them?!"

I screamed at him. I think my voice was loud because Liam came busting in after I shouted at Brian.

" What's going on? I heard shouting."

"Brian, here, have to tell you something. Don't you Brian?"

"Eh... Well... I suppose so. I think you should take a seat Liam. I don't want you to fall from the shock."