Chapter 3

Liam's pov:

"What happened in the past Liam? What freaked you out?"

Brian asked.

"I am scared of anything related to a needle. The pointy tool reminded me of it. In the past, when I used to go to the dentist, they would strap me behind mom's back. Mom didn't come with me inside and the same mean dentist was there everytime I went. He would look at me in an evil way and hurt me in every way possible.

One time I had a cavity and he drilled the tooth without giving me anesthetic needle. I screamed and kicked and he strapped me in the chair and put a mouth prop in my mouth to keep it open. I got scared if you taped on a tooth and it hurt me, you would strap me too. I'm sorry I got scared and removed the thing from my mouth."

"Shh. It's ok. I'm not mad and nor will I strap you. But I need to check that there's no harm in your mouth after what you just told me. Can you let me check again? I won't use anything except the mirror and when I use the pointy tool I'll tell you before it. Also, I have to stitch your mouth from inside from when you removed the tool from your mouth. I'm pretty sure it hurts to talk yes?"

" uhm.. A little yes"

"Alright, please sit on the chair again for me."

He said and I got out of Brian's embrace and sat on the chair.

"I'll recline it now."

I held onto the armchair as it reclined. Then he opened the lights and brought them towards my mouth. I opened my mouth, but couldn't help but close it again.

"Does it hurt to open that much?"

I nodded my head.

"Ok, I'll stitch first with your mouth closed and then I'll check the teeth. Good?"

I nodded my head.

He stood up and went to bring other tools and a needle was one of them. I freaked out and started to get hyperventilating. Brian came next to me and calmed me down.

" Hey hey. Calm down. That's not as bad as it looks. You'll barely feel it. It's just to numb your cheeks, so he can stitch them. They don't hurt that much."

"Exactly what Brian said. I'll put a q-tip first, then I'll give you the needle. After that I want you to close your eyes and don't look at what I do. Ok?"

I nodded my head.

Brian took my hands and I held onto his hands for dear life. I shut my eyes close and felt as Mark put some gel into my mouth and waited for a few minutes. Then, he grabbed something from the tray, probably the needle, I started to prepare my self for the pain, but it never came. When Mark put the needle down, I let out a breath I didn't know I held in. I started to breath normally. I let go of Brian's hand and sat in the chair as Mark stitched my mouth.

"Alright. Now that I'm done stitching, can I go back to looking in your mouth again? Continue the checkup."

I opened my eyes and saw Mark removing his gloves and putting on another one. I looked at Brian for reassurance and he gave me a nod to let him continue.

"I guess yes. Can you be careful?"

"Yes of course"

I opened my mouth again and Mark continued the checkup. After checking my teeth, he told me to bite. I bit my teeth and he hummed.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I can't tell you know, but I need to have x ray done first so I can be sure."

He turned off the lights and brought the chair up again. I got up and went towards Brian.

"So is everything alright?"

Brian asked.

"Till now yes. He's teeth are healthy and good. No cavities. I just need x ray to make sure everything is ok. Also can I have a word with you Brian?"

"Ya sure"

I left the office and went back to the waiting room just to see Eva sleeping with dry tears. I sat quietly beside her as I waited for Brian to come.

Few moments later, Brian and Mark came outside with a smile.

"I hate waking her up."

Brain whined.

He shaked her shoulders to wake up. Unfortunately, she woke up frightened. She calmed down when she saw it was us.

"Hey Eva, sorry to wake you. It's time for your turn."

I could tell immediately that it made her scared. I smiled at her.

"Do you want me to come with you inside?"

She nodded her head. I held her hand and she stood up and we all went to the dentist office.

"Alright please have a seat."

She looked at me and Brian and we both nodded her to go there on the chair. She hesitantly went there.

"My name is Mark and I'll be your dentist today. Have you ever went to a dentist before?"

She shook her head.

"Ok. Well don't be afraid or anything ok. I'll go easy and tell you what will happen and everything. Is there something bothering you?"

"Um... Yeah. The back of my mouth."

Mark put his gloves on and mask.

"How long?"

She played with her fingers and looked at me and Brian for help.

"A week"

Said Brian. Mark hummed in response.

"Ok, well first, I'll recline the chair and give you a check up. Then we will see from there ok?"

She nodded.

Eva's pov:

I sat quietly in the chair as I felt it move. When it started to recline, I held the chair tightly and felt like my breath is getting shorter.

"Eva, you good?"

Asked Brian. I nodded in response.

"Ok open up Eva."

I opened my mouth and closed my eyes. I felt something enter my mouth. Then I felt something tapping on my teeth. When it came to my hurting tooth, I screamed, took out his hand from my mouth and sat up. I started to cry from how hurt I was.

Brian and Liam came close to me and tried to calm me down. I got into Brian's ember and held him tightly till I calmed down. Soon I was only sniffling.

"You're more sensitive than I expected. I'll have to do an emergency quick x-ray and fix the tooth today. I'm sorry I hurt you Eva, it wasn't my intention."

He smiled at me.

"Let's go to the x-ray room. We can do liam's too."