Chapter 2

Eva's pov:

It only took us few minutes to arrive. Brian parked in the parking. Both him and Li got out, but I couldn't. Brian came to my side of the car and opened the door for me. I couldn't leave my seat from how nervous I was.

"Let's go Eva."

I shook my head.

"I- I can't"

"yes you can. I'm going to have to get you out myself if I have to. It's your choice."

I still stayed seated in the car and didn't move. Suddenly I felt myself getting carried upside down. I realized Brian carried me in his shoulders, my back to him.

"Brian! Put me down!"

I said as I kept hitting his back. He ignored me and kept walking.

"Brian please! This is embarrassing!"

He put me down on the ground before we reached the door of the hospital.

"Sorry for carrying you on my shoulder, but you wouldn't have moved if I kept talking and I honestly have no energy to shout and get mad. This was the only way to get you out of the car and get into the hospital. Forgive me?"

I didn't look at him and ignored him. He sighed and started to walk towards the door. Liam came and walked beside me.

"You know he means well right? He didn't mean to embarrass you. I never saw you like that before. Just know that we are both here for you ok?"

I hummed and nodded in response to his words. We walked behind Brian as he leaded us to the dentist wing. Once we reached, he went to the front desk and signed us both in. Liam and I waited on the chairs.

My legs were moving up and down from how nervous I was. I was afraid of going there. I was afraid of what the dentist is going to do. I kept thinking of the worst situations possible.

"EVA!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and flinched at the tone of the voice. Brian looked at me in concern and so did Liam. I didn't realize that Brian was sitting infront of me on the floor. He checked my forehead to see if I was ok.

"can you hear me?"

I nodded my head not trusting my voice.

"I've been calling your name for a while. It's time to go. Is everything okay? Are you alright?"

I shook my head and started to cry. Brian took me into his arms and kept calming me and saying sweet words to me. Eventually, I calmed down a bit, but was still sniffling.

" Why are you so worked up today Eva? I swear it's not as scary as it seems. "

"I- I- don't know"

"Alright, can you calm down here for me? I'll go with Liam now, then it'll be your turn ok?"

I nodded my head and sat on the chair. Brian and Liam went inside the dentist office and I noticed how Liam was nervous. I hope his appointment goes well.

Liam's pov:

I held onto Brian's hand as we both entered the dentist's office. The chair that I dread the most is in the middle of the room. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I saw the tools and the dentist ready beside them with gloves and mask on. I went behind Brian from how scared I was.

You're probably wondering why a 15 year old boy is scared of a dentist, right? Well, let's just say that my experience wasn't the best.

"Liam!"

I woke up from my daydreaming and thoughts and focused on Brian and the dentist infront of me. The dentist was a male. He wasn't short, but he was close to Brian's height. He looked muscular and scary. I think he saw the scared look on my face because he removed the mask and smiled at me.

"Hi, you must be Liam. I'm mark, Brian's best friend."

He had his hands infront of me so I can shake it. I shaked his hand quickly and left it. He chuckled and smiled at me.

"I can see you're nervous and scared. Don't worry, it's not scary. There's nothing to be nervous about."

Brian nudged me to go sit in the dentist chair. I went cautiously to the chair. I sat down on it and mark took a seat beside me.

"I won't recline the chair down now. We'll just talk a bit, get to know each other, then I'll start. Don't worry, I'll tell you everything I am going to do,alright buddy?"

I nodded my head nervously.

"Well, have you ever went to a dentist before?"

I nodded my head.

"When was the last time you went?"

"I don't know. I think 3 or 4 years ago. I was a kid."

He hummed and started to bring the tools to the table.

"Anything bothering you lately?"

I shook my head..

"Alright, I'll recline the chair now. Then, I'll give you a check up. If there is anything I can fix, I'll fix it, ok?"

I didn't respond to him, but felt as the chair reclined down. I held the arm chairs tightly from the sudden movement. After reclining the chair, he opened the lights and brought them towards my mouth. He wore mask and gloves.

"Alright. Open up please."

I opened a bit and shut my eyes tightly. I heard him picking up a tool and felt him open my mouth a bit more. I felt something poking my teeth. I opened my eyes to see him looking through my mouth with a pointy tool. I freaked out and removed the tool from my mouth hurting myself in the process. I covered my mouth as it bleeded from the corner.

"Woah! Buddy, hey calm down."

Tears came to my face as he removed his mask and gloves. Brian came to my side and took me in his embrace. Mark closed the lights and brought the chair back up. He looked at me with sympathetic smile. I got calm a little bit.

"Mind telling me what happened back there Li?"

I heard Brian ask.

"I- I fre-eak-ked out-t."

"Why? I already told you what I was going to do."

"My p-past flash-hed thro-ough my min-nd and I fre-eaked out-t."