Comfort (fluff)

Song: nothing's gonna hurt you baby - cigarettes after sex

You hated thunderstorms and even more, you hated being alone during thunderstorms.

Yet here you are, huddled in the corner of your room, shaking violently, in the fetal position, tears streaming down your face and jumping at every crack of thunder.

You never told anyone about your fear, except for your boyfriend Carl. He knew every little thing about you. You never told him the extent of your reaction to the noise though. He never knew about the panic attacks, you were too embarrassed about it.

I mean it was pathetic right? It's the middle of the apocalypse and the one thing you're deathly afraid of was thunder.

You were pulled from your thoughts by soft knocking on your bedroom door.

"Y/n? Are you there?"

You wipe your face with the sleeve of your sweater and sniffle. "Yeah, Come in." You replied in a weepy voice.

He opens the door gently and sees you huddled on the ground.

"Oh... y/n." He says in a somber tone.

You get up and run to him, hugging his waist and shutting your eyes tightly as you could while holding him as close as you could.

He wraps his arms around you, petting the back of your head. Making you feel safer immediately.

He kisses the top of your head. "Hey look at me." You lift your head, showing off your tear stained face with hair stuck to your skin.

He wipes the tears and hair from your face. "You're gonna be ok. Just breathe."

You nod and take a deep breath.

He leans down and kisses you softly. "It's really late, you're probably exhausted."

"Yeah." You mumble quietly.

A loud boom sounds outside. It makes you shriek as you jump and squeeze Carl tighter. Your breathing picks up again.

"Hey, hey, it's ok, it's ok." He rubs your back as you cry.

"Here c'mere." He picks you up, holding you up by your thighs. You wrap your legs around his waist and your arms around his neck. You bury your face in his shoulder as he starts walking toward your bed.

He sets you down as gently as possible and lays behind you, wrapping his arm around you and placing his hand over yours. He strokes the side of your hand with his thumb while brushing through your hair with his other hand.

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, I promise. I won't let anything hurt you. Not as long as I'm here."

"Just you being here is making everything so much better."

"Why didn't you tell me it got this bad?"

"I was embarrassed."

"Oh love, you don't have to be embarrassed about anything around me. I'll love you no matter what."

You were shocked at what he just said. It came out so naturally, as if he'd said it a million times before.

"What?"

You can feel him start to panic. "Oh- uhm- I didn't mean to- it just slipped out."

You smile insanely wide as butterflies bubble up in your stomach. "You love me?" You said softly.

"Uh- well I guess there's no hiding it now. Yeah, I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: I know this was short but I just wanted to get something out for you guys but I thinks it's cute lol.

560 words
<3