What's up with you (fluff)

Song: Fool - Frankie Cosmos

Everything was going great. Well as great as it could go in the apocalypse. You had a nice home in Alexandria and a found family you wouldn't trade for anything. You had a life you loved living.

That was until you realized your feelings toward your best friend.

Carl Grimes was as close to perfect someone could get. He had long chocolate brown hair that complimented his beautiful pale skin. His blue eyes, well eye, sparkled in the sunlight and portrayed exactly how he was feeling at all times. His cheeks and nose were peppered with freckles and below them was his gorgeous smile. It was contagious. The way his arms wrapped around you and his head rested on yours made you feel safer than actual safety. And his laugh made you feel high.

And his personality was even better than his looks, if that was even possible. When you first met him, he seemed scary and mean but as you got to know him he slowly revealed a soft side. He was kind and caring around you. You loved it, it felt like some sweet secret just for you and only you to see. It was the little things you appreciated. Like how if you couldn't sleep he would try his best to stay up with you. Or how he would always argue your point even if he knew you were dead wrong. Or how he payed attention to every tiny detail about you and kept it in his back pocket just in case it came in handy. Like when you told him you loved wild flowers (because who tf doesn't?) and he had taken you to a wild flower patch in the middle of the woods just because he knew you'd like it.

You spent all your time together. You loved him and he loved you but it was only recently that you realized you loved him in away that you had never loved anyone before and it scared you.

You stopped talking to him as much and you haven't hung out with him in two weeks. Whenever he would ask if you wanted to do something, you would give unclear answers. Like, "maybe", "I don't know", "we'll see". You could never bring yourself to say no. You could tell he was hurt already and you didn't wanna make it worse.

——————————————————————

It was hotter than Pompeii and you were working on the crops in Alexandria in the blazing sun. Your already growing discomfort became even worse when you saw none other than the one person you've been trying to avoid walking towards you. Great.

Lord did he look so pretty.

"Hey y/n!" He said with that smile that made your heart skip a beat. You wanted to kiss that smile right off his face.

"Oh hey Carl. What's up?" You try to say as blankly as you can.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to come read some comics after you've finished here?"

You turn your head to look at him. "Uhm, you know what Carl maybe another time. I'm gonna be pretty tired after this and I think I'm just gonna wash up and take a nap."

"Oh ok that's fine. Just let me know if you change your mind." You could tell he was slightly upset by your answer, and it hurt you to tell him no but you knew it was best.

"Will do."

He walks off and you continue to work, feeling pretty shitty about the whole interaction.

——————————————————————

It's 9:00 pm and you're sitting in bed, reading a book. You're in the corner of your bed, leaning against the wall with a window a few inches to your left, open a crack to let the warm southern night air in.

Suddenly a pair of hands opens the window and before you can even think, Carl is already halfway through the window.

"Jesus! What the fuck Carl?!"

"I knew you wouldn't let me in through the door." He hops down onto the bed.

"That doesn't mean you can just jump through my window like a serial killer!"

"You never used to mind it."

"Because you would tell me before or knock on the glass. Not just come inside."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." You lie.

"No you're not. Talk to me."

You roll your eyes and shake your head as you bookmark your page. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me."

"Carl I told you, I'm fine."

"And I know you're not."

"You don't know shit."

"Then if you're completely fine, why do you keep pushing me away?"

"What?"

"Do you think I haven't noticed? Y/n we used to spend every second together. Now you're barely talking to me. It hurts. I miss you and I don't even know why this is happening. If I did something wrong please just tell me."

"No Carl, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Then what the fuck is going on?"

He wasn't going to let up. You had two options, lie to him, or tell him the truth. And you were a terrible liar.

"I like you. A lot. No, I love you. And I've never felt this way before. And god, you're just so perfect. I thought you could never feel the same, a-and I know you don't. And I tried to ignore it but it was just too painful. So I thought that just pretending like you didn't exist would hurt less than hiding how I felt. But instead I just hurt you and that makes everything so much worse. I feel awful and I want you to feel the same way I do. I want it more than anything but I know you only like me as a fr-"

He cut you off by kissing you. When he pulled away, he rested his forehead on yours. "You don't know shit."

You smirk. "Touché."

"I can't believe you made me freak out over nothing. You cannot communicate your feelings well."

"Neither can you asshole." You kiss him again.

"Yeah that's definitely something we'll have to work on."

"Will do."

A/N: I know I know another short one. Listen I don't have a lot of time and these are easy to get done. Anyway this one's for the bitches with communication issues because same lol.

Ok little update, I just read this with the song playing in the background and it's the perfect length omg

1085 words
<3