Solo Level Up

Taki pleaded with Kyoko, "Please don't!"

But just then, a computerized female voice interrupted him with an annoyed sigh, "It's not what it looks like. I froze Kyoko in time and space to avoid any awkwardness on this floor, you weirdo." Taki blushed and scratched his head, saying, "Oh, sorry."

"Ma'am, do I need to stay on this floor?" Taki asked.

"Yes, it's best if you stay here, Taki. If you lose or are defeated, your true power will be harnessed, and you'll turn into one of those zombies. It'll be game over," the computerized female replied.

"How do I prevent that from happening?" Taki asked, looking a little scared as he raised his head to see the computerized female decoy body more clearly.

"It's simple. Have the best deck of cards at your disposal," the voice replied.

"But that will cost a hefty amount of card points and a lot of luck to acquire," Taki said, looking concerned.

Taki looked confused and gestured with his hand, as if requesting more information. "What does that mean?" he asked.

The computerized voice cleared its vocal cords and spoke, "Let me see your deck of cards, Taki.

Show me a set of colors, from the most powerful to the weakest."

Taki held his deck up in the air, and it floated before her voice, showcasing all the cards in existence.

"Wow," he exclaimed before being interrupted by a snap and a painful yelp.

He rubbed the reddish side of his cheek and stopped drooling.

"You are already making it weird!" the voice yelled.

"Sorry, ma'am, I can't help it," Taki apologized.

"All of these cards have a purpose and a cause and effect on your luck in the randomization of your card decks when you fight on the field for a card battle," the voice explained.

"The colors of all the cards in their genre are red, blue, green, and yellow. You already got a summary about the force icons?"

Taki nodded in acceptance.

"Good, very good," the voice complimented.

"To put it simply, the best way to win against any card fighter is to have a deck of cards that relies on only one color.

Having multiple colors is a bad idea.

If you have a bad deck, it's a regular bad omen to deal with having your deck shuffled, and you're completely screwed.

You can win either your first or second place.

"You have two opportunities to win a match: the first or the second.

The second place is advantageous if you strategically position your deck to stage a comeback and overpower your opponent."

"The best deck you want that fits for you to never lose is a full red deck.

You understand the game style, so I do not have to explain that, do I?" The voice darted her red laser eyes to find Taki's face.

"No, no ma'am!" Taki saluted himself straight up for her.

"Call me Sophia," demanded Sophia.

"Wow, Sophia? That's a really nice name," remarked Taki.

"Thank you. Is there anything else you want to know before I let you go on your adventure?

I don't want Kyoko frozen over there forever," Sophia stated.

"I couldn't agree more. Let me hy-yaw!" Taki exclaimed before asking, "Can you tell me more about Max's accomplice?"