09. Memory

"You really need to calm down that Hell side of yours. You almost killed the little shrimp." Zoro grumbled.

"Oh calm down. I have enough control over my fruit to stop myself from committing manslaughter. You have nothing to worry about! Despite the trouble it caused, it added onto Luffy's plan, didn't it?" M/n smiled at the swordsman.

Zoro sighed, "I have to say, it sold it. I really thought you were kill him for a sec."

M/n chuckled as he walked down the steps alongside his captain and crew mate.

"That was still a pretty lame act itself, though. Wouldn't be shocked if they saw through it." Zoro said.

Luffy chuckled, "Coby'll handle the rest on his his own now. I just know it."

"Not to be rude, but will he really be fine on his own? You see how his personality has been up till now, so how can you be so sure that he'll be alright?" M/n asked the straw hat male.

"Come on, M/n! Coby will be fine! I know it!" Luffy flashed M/n his signature goofy smile, and M/n flashed a small smile back.

"It's a nice way to leave, though. Being unable to turn back 'cause everyone hates you—it's pirate-like!" Zoro grinned.

'Why does it fell like I've heard those words before? It's feels...empty...'

Luffy laughed as he untied the boat from the dock. "That's true!"

"Luffy-San!" A familiar voice called.

Though they only called for one, the trio all had turned to the familiar voice. It was Coby, along with the little girl and woman. M/n arched an eyebrow questionably.

Coby saluted at the trio. "Thank you! I'll never forget all you've done for me!"

'So he is alright. I can be at ease then...' M/n smiled.

"I've never heard of a pirate being thanked by a marine..." Zoro said with a smirk, and Luffy laughed.

"I'll let down the sails." M/n said, being the first to step in the boat he and Luffy arrived in. He waited patiently for Luffy and Zoro to get in the boat with him, knowing if he let them down now he'll be cast to sea alone.

Once the duo finally got in the boat, M/n let the sails down, and the trio was sailing off together for the first time.

"Let's meet again sometime, Coby!" Luffy yelled, waving off to Coby. M/n also waved bye, but soon stopped so he could sit down.

To M/n's surprise, the other members of the navy saluted them farewell as well.

"See ya'!" Luffy giggled as he continued to wave goodbye.

"You look tired..." Zoro said to the h/c haired male, resting his head on the end of his blade.

"Well, switching between mindsets does take a copious amount of energy. It's more mentally tiring than physically, but I'll be fine."

"Whatever you say..."

"Alright! Our pirate crew finally sets sail!" Luffy yelled, holding onto his straw hat so it won't fly away thanks to the wind.

"Looks like some pretty good adventures'll be waiting for us." Zoro said.

Luffy smiled gleefully, "I will be King Of the Pirates!"

"You really seem obsessed with this King of the Pirates thing. Is their some sorta reason for it?" Zoro curiously asked.

"No reason. It's just..."