Chapter 2

DevonLee: Good Morning to @Versace and Versace only

7,000,000 likes ~ 17,000 comments

---

My last appearance on Playboy was for my twenty first birthday which was an iconic moment for everyone. They wanted me to go full frontal since I was the name on everybody's lips but I opted to wear a unbuttoned white shirt while posing in the pool. That cover broke records but my relationship with the company soured after they released images that were not approved on their site. 

Hugh Hefner and I were able to reunite after five years of not speaking but I never did agree to shoot with the company until after his passing. There were talks of shooting an anniversary cover to celebrate Hugh's favorite models but I passed on that opportunity and it ended up not happening.

"This feels so weird." I tell my husband who has just finished talking to the photographer. "I have not been apart of this fantasy since I was twenty one years old and now I'm almost thirty."

"Most people only do Playboy once." Xavier winks at me. "This will be your fifth shoot with them and I would like to believe that it will be your best one yet."

Instead of doing something scandalous to promote my upcoming album, I decided to partner up with Playboy to help revive their brand and remind the world why I'm still the queen of music. Playboy allowed me to bring my own team in for the project so I obviously had my creative director partner join me because nobody knows my mind best. 

"The first time that I appeared on Playboy was at the age of 16 which was so controversial in my time." I tell my husband as the makeup artist gets to work on my face. "They had been wanting me to appear on their cover since I was fourteen years old but obviously that would not have worked."

Xavier pulls a face, "That's disgusting."

"Everything was disgusting during that time because young women in Hollywood have always been sexualised." I smile sadly. "I don't want to get into all of that but I remember the shoot being the most scandalous thing that I had done at that point. Up until two years ago, that was the most sold magazine in a day and I believe that it's still the most sold Playboy cover ever which is insane because it's been so long."

"Do you have any regrets?" He asks me as I look down at the coffee table which has a stack of 90s playboy magazines on them. 

"The slut shaming that I received from the media and the things that were said about me were extremely hurtful but I have no regrets." I smile sadly. "That shoot was an empowering moment for me and I'm grateful for the support team that I had at the time because they really kept me strong."

---