-01. welcome back

{  💵📚 }

CHAERIN SIGHED, WALKING INTO kiss for the 3rd time in her life.

it was the beginning of her junior year, at the Korean Independent School of Seoul, also known as KISS.

chaerin didn't exactly hate kiss, all of her closest friends were here.

yuri, dae, q, they've been her friends since freshman year at kiss.

but amongst them, was the alvin to dae and q's simon and theodore, minho.

the reason why minho wasn't included in chaerin's friend's list was simple, they weren't friends.

they were friends, and then a mishap, a rumor, caused their friendship to end and there came their rivalry.

chaerin was now sitting in her normal dorm room, where her decorations from the past 2 years had stayed.

"ugh, my child!" chaerin said, as she spotted her stuffed ladybug, jewel.

jewel was a stuffed animal chaerin had since she was in the 3rd grade, it was her favorite but left it at kiss every year, in fear her parents were going to give it away.

except in kiss those types of things can get you made fun of, so chaerin always had to hide it.

chaerin sat in her bed, taking in the room wondering where her roommate juliana was.

juliana was yuri's secret girlfriend, and a friend of chaerin.

she was always there to cover for them both, but weirdly juliana wasn't here yet.

"i missed you." chaerin said, ignoring her thoughts and playing around with her ladybug.

eventually she fell asleep, jewel in the middle of her arms.

-

a few hours later chaerin woke up, thanks to a phone call from q.

"hello?" chaerin said groggily, still tired. "i texted you an hour asking what you're wearing to the welcome party. the party is in 40 minutes, i still want to know." q said.

chaerin's eyes widened, "the welcome party." she whispered.

"uh, q you'll just see my outfit at the party. but as for right now i have to get ready."

chaerin hung up on q, quickly opening her suitcase and looking for the dress the had planned to wear.

she placed it on her bed, then leaving to go to the dorm bathroom.

chaerin quickly showered, and did a quick makeup look.

by the time she was done it was 10 minutes before the party.

and she still wasn't dressed.

she quickly put on her dress, and almost threw a fit as she looked around for her heels.

"where the heck- this is not the time!" chaerin yelled as she looked around.

eventually chaerin found her heels, that were sitting peacefully in her suitcase even though she swear she looked there.

then she left her dorm, going to where the party was being held.

the kiss welcome party was the second biggest party of the year.

everyone got to see their friends they missed, brag about their summers, and obviously meet the new students.

when chaerin got inside the party was in full swing, it made her feel a bit late but then again she was fashionably late.

"yo, q!" chaerin said, seeing q and minho talking.

"oh my gosh, you australian hottie you look so good." q said as chaerin walked up to him.

she did a quick spin as she laughed. chaerin was wearing her signature color, light purple.

it was a tight dress, with only one shoulder. this was paired with a silver pearl headband, and silver heels with straps going up her legs.

"she looks okay, you're hyping her up too much." minho said, his own british accent coming out.

"and you...still look terrible." chaerin said, a smile appearing on her face as minho smiled.

"one year without you two bickering, it's all i ask for over the summer." q said shaking his head slowly.

"honestly blame minho hes so-"

suddenly a girl bumped into minho, making him spill some of his drink on himself.

"oh mr gosh i'm so sorry!" the girl said. "gosh, watch where you're going!" minho said.

the girl scoffed, "so you do speak english."  she said.

chaerin's eyebrows furrowed, how have they met already?

"ha ha, busted." q siad handing a bunch of napkins to minho.

"welcome to kiss." he said as he wiped his outfit.

"don't feel bad, he loves to pull this move on people." chaerin said.

"he did it to me the first time we met." q added, "and because he's just a jerk." chaerin said.

"okay if i'm a jerk, then you're literally the human version of a dem-"

q then knudged minho, making him spill his drink again, "damn it q, this is bespoke!"

"shut up about clothes for a second, look at our boy." q said pointing ahead.

chaerin, q, and minho all looked ahead. "where did dae get that suit?" minho said.

"yo dae!" q called out. dae walked in, and the girl turned around.

dae started to walk near his friends and then froze when she saw the girl.

they started to run to each other, then got caught in a tight hug.

"it's times like these that i want to grab a random person and kiss them." chaerin said, as she watched the two jealously.

few minutes later, after the girl ran out she came back up to the trio.

"excuse me?" she said as she stopped in front of them.

"this girl treats korean guys like pokémon. she's trying to catch them all." minho smirked.

"not interested."

"believe me, whatever she's here for it's not for you. get over yourself." chaerin said.

"thank you. i'm looking for dae." she said. "okay, who are you?" chaerin asked.

"i'm kitty song covey." the girl said. all three of their jaws dropped. "you're kitty?" q said.

"wait are you q? track star, fellow american, heart of gold?"

"guilty as charged. i feel like we should hug right now. should we?" q said.

"maybe later. i need to find dae."

"so you're the pen pal." minho said, shaking his head.

"if he's q, then you must be minho. which makes you chaerin." kitty said.

"argues like a married couple? yup, i can agree." kitty said.

"you are, spot on. minus the couple thing. this dae say that? i'm gonna kill him." chaerin said.

"okay, where's dae."