-07. chuseok tensions

{  💵📚 }

SINCE MOST OF THE STAFF WAS gone, the school was less strict. fortunately, this allowed chaerin to sneak into kitty and q's dorm for a little sleepover.

chaerin walked out of the dorm, and into the kitchen while stretching.

"you are angelic in the morning." minho said laughing as chaerin stepped out.

woah.

chaerin stared at minho, in spite for his insult and because of him. he was wearing a tank top, showing his arm muscles and a cute apron to complete it.

"who is this from?" she asked pointing to the large basket. "my mother. gifts are my love language."

"that tracks."

"mm-hm."

"whoa, pepero." chaerin reached into the basket before minho used to spatula to slap it away.

"she sent it from los angeles since she couldn't be here." "we usually spend chuseok together."

chaerin nodded, "yup i remember." "so she'll be alone?"

"no. john cho is having a thing." minho said as his phone buzzed. "oh, lulu, about time." he smirked.

as he looked away chaerin opened the top of a pot, seeing a food she's haven't seen in years.

"don't touch anything. got a method." minho yelled when he spotted her.

"fine less work for me." chaerin muttered as she walked over to see what minho was cooking.

"you know, you are the last person that i would expect to know how to cook. or do anything remotely helpful." chaerin said.

"there are these tiny microscopic moments when i can see why dae and q are friends with you. there's an actual person in there." chaerin said poking his chest.

minho brushed off his chest, "don't try to get me on your side. i'm famously anti-Kitty, no matter how hard dae and q work to sway me."

"hey, have you heard from him today? is he okay? i didn't catch him before he left. you know family stuff." chaerin said.

"no, i haven't. it's definitely a difficult holiday for him." minho said.

"yeah."

"and you?"

"me, what?"

"you must be thinking about your brother too. a lot this week." minho said, care laced in his tone. was he actually being nice?

"you..you remembered?" chaerin said. "of course, you forgot who was there with you the entire time?" minho said, giving her a smile mike.

"well yeah, i am. but in a good way. i can feel him all around me." chaerin said.

"thanks, minhо."

"you're welcome."

they both stared at each other, with caring smiles. then they cleared their throats, "i should...i should reach out to my sister, make sure she's feelings okay." chaerin said, walking away.

"pass me the gochugaru before you go." minho said, and chaerin simply ignored him.

-

kitty was at the back of the kitchen making her mashed potatoes, as minho and chaerin cooked at the front together.

"confirmed lulu will be at the premises at 8 p.m." minho said as he put his phone away.

"i'm sure she will love the chocolate." chaerin said chopping up kimchi for her kimchi jjigae.

"the chocolate was actually for someone else."minho said.

chaerin looked at him weirdly and then chopped some more kimchi.

"hey, don't judge! not all people need to be star-crossed lovers to be compatible."

"like, hot people, for example. we can and want to play the field." minho said. "we." chaerin mocked as she snickered.

"that's because you haven't found your perfect match." kitty said as she came over to get the plate she had with something.

"i've found many, many matches." minho said. "i'm just saying, i've seen the magic when people find the one."

"mm-mm. my parents both thought they found the one. they were the "it" couple. beautiful, young starlet. chaebol heir. the tabloids literally called them the perfect match. look at them now."

divorced.

hearing minho's story just made chaerin think of her parents. what were they doing on chuseok?

if anything her dad was out with his friends, angering her mother, while her sister went to her boyfriends house to get away.

"i'll finish this is my dorm, i gotta go." chaerin said as she put all her chopped up kimchi in the jar and took her ingredients.