Nightmares.💌💙

3rd person pov:

It was a late night in the Harrington household, windows were left open from the recent heatwave and blankets were discarded on the ground.

Steve Harrington was on the couch in the living room of his parents' mansion, sleeping, what to be, soundly. He rustles and mumbles a bit, sitting up quickly to open his eyes, full of tears. He tears off the light blanket he had over him and sits up to find the rotary phone on the table.

He fumbles a bit as he does so, dropping the phone while trying to push his hair out of his face. He finally starts to dial a number.

567-3412

He dials the number and it rings for a while.

"Darn it billy wake up... please answer..." he manages to choke out, trying not to cry.

Billy Hargrove pov:

At 12:30 am I awake to neil yelling.

"BILLY WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU GOT A CALL!"

"yes sir!" I yell back. I sit up from my bed and put a shirt on, putting my hair up due to the heat. I walk into the living room and pick up the phone from Neil's hands.

"Who is it?" I ask, rubbing the top of my nose, trying to rub the sleep out of it. I hear a faint crying noise on the line opposite me.

"Billy...I need you please..." Steve mumbles through the phone.

"Shit...yeah I'll be there soon." I mumble quietly so Susan and Neil dont hear me. "Thank you.." I hear steve say before he hangs up the phone.

"Who was it?" Neil spits at me. " just a friend, he needs help with something, cant sleep that sort of thing." I tell him before walking out the door. I get in my car and start it up, turning the radio down to a faint whisper, but I can still hear me and Steve's song playing.

"I was made for loving you baby, you were made for loving me..."

I slowly pull out of the driveway and turn left, starting the quick drive to Steve Harrington's household.

Steve Harrington pov:

I wrap myself in my light blanket as I hang up the call, wiping tears from my face. I unwrap the blanket and toss it to the ground, then I sit up and open the window behind me.

"Fuck it, I'm watching back to the future." I decide. I get up and put the rented video in the VCR and press pause while I wait for billy to arrive.

He arrives shortly after and I unlock the door as he comes in and holds me. "Are you alright ?" He asks me. I nod.

"Nightmares..." i mumble a bit more. He lifts my chin up with his hand. " it's alright becuase I'm here now okay?" I nod to his statement.

" so... another nighmare..another movie.. what is it this time?" He asks me, smiling wearily. "Back to the future." I smile back at him. Then my brows raise up " shit I didnt make at popcorn." I mutter.

"Its alright , too hot for that shit anyways, why dont you get us something like ice cream or something?" He suggests. I nod, getting free from his grip and walking to the kitchen

They watched movies and fell asleep till the next morning when the kids found them cuddled up to one another. They both slept soundly, no nightmares <3