19 - Italy

tw : mentions of ed

Giana

Exactly a week has passed since the whole incident. Nicolas and I are back to normal.

We barely talk now, just like before.

Although every night since, he helps me put on the cream, slip into a shirt, and then goes to bed. Like nothing happened.

My bruises and cuts have completely healed now, meaning we won't have this tiny interaction any more either.

I'm still in bed, but Nicolas isn't here.

Every morning, he wakes up before me and isn't there when I go downstairs.

Celine and I are talking again, I apologized for not listening to her. I learned that Nicolas had threatened her which was very typical.

I sigh and decide to get ready for the day until the door barges open.

It's Nicolas.

"You're here." I state.

"Mhm." Is all I get in reply.

As I'm about to go back in the bathroom, Nicolas stops me.

"Pack your bags." He speaks, and I look over to him in question.

"We're going to Italy."

"Why? And for how long?"

"Business and maybe a month or so." He explains.

"Who else is coming?"

"Everyone except father." He responds.

His replies are so dry and short now. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I hate it.

"Can Celine come?" I ask.

He looks at me annoyed, about to shake his head.

"Please?"

"Fine."

He picks up his phone and a couple of files before getting up.

"We leave in two hours." He adds and walks out.

I text Celine and she said she would be here in a bit. She got her new house here, so she doesn't live in a hotel anymore. It a one-story, simple and cute.

I finally go into the bathroom and take a quick shower since I still had to pack.

Christmas is coming up soon, which means break is coming to an end as well. There's no way in hell I'll ever be able to go back to Standford physically, so I'm thinking about doing online courses like Celine.

I walk out with a towel wrapped around me tell Alexa to play, 'New Romantics' by Taylor Swift.

I put on some mid-rise, baggy jeans and a cute red tank top. It's a bit chilly so I throw on a white cropped sweater, that falls off my shoulder. Deciding on red converse to match my tank top, I start on my hair.