two.

•••
Sapphire Young.

"Jalen, how many times do I have to tell you to stop launching your damn underwear likes it's a football?" Sapphire fussed picking them up off the floor and throwing them into the basket that he missed. "Sheesh."

"My bad baby! Just tryna work on my accuracy." Jalen yelled out from inside the shower.

"Yeah, well work on it outside! With an actual football." Sapphire sassed, shaking her head. "I can't wait to tell your mama about this."

"Don't be a snitch!" Jalen yelled, sticking his head outside the shower.

"Close the shower door, you aren't gonna miss anything. I promise." Sapphire joked, walking to the bathroom door. "I don't understand why you need the shower door open and the bathroom door open, we do not have to carry on a full conversation while you're tryna bathe."

"Well, you took a shower without me so now I'm forced to do it alone and we normally talk while we're in here." Jalen fake pouted. "So, this makes me feel like you're still here with me. Ya know since you abandoned me and all."

Sapphire laughed, shutting the shower door. "I'll sit on the toilet and wait for you."

"Thank you!"

A loud buzz interrupted Sapphire right before she could make a smart comment. She picked up the phone and saw the name 'Chris' across the screen. Sapphire wasn't the type to go through Jalen's phone, but because she was familiar with the name and knew it was Jalen's trainer, she decided to be nosey.

jalen: Wassup, we at the gym today or what?
chris: yep, leg day?
jalen: yea
chris: meet you there in an hour

She could've gone through his entire phone while she had the chance but Jalen never gave her a reason to not trust him so she decided against it. She locked his phone and put the phone back down on the sink before pulling out her phone.

After ten minutes, Jalen was finished showering and Sapphire was now looking through their closet looking for an outfit. Jalen's team was holding a mixer tonight so that the returning players and the families could introduce the rookies to everyone.

Sapphire put her hand on both of her hips, sighing in the process. "What time is that mixer tonight?"

"Uhh, it starts at six," Jalen said, drying his body off. "Picking something out?"

"Yep," Sapphire answered, looking around the closet.

"For both of us?"

Sapphire nodded, pulling out a pair of pants. "Of course."

Jalen blew a breath of relief. "Good. So I ain't gotta worry about that."

"What's the theme? Are we going casual or are we getting dressed up?" Sapphire questioned, holding up a dress. "You know what, don't worry about it. I'll call Devonta because I know he knows."

Jalen smacked his lips. "It doesn't matter which way you go, although I'm sure the majority of the people will be dressed pretty casually."

Sapphire nodded, pulling out her phone. "So, ask Devonta? Got it."

Jalen sucked his teeth and shook his head. "You're asking him as if he doesn't wear jeans and Nikes every-damn-where!"

Sapphire laughed lightly looking at him. "Any other plans for today?"

Jalen nodded. "Yeah, just going to the gym to get in some needed reps. I'll probably get a quick lineup while I'm out too so I can be fresh for tonight."