six

Jalen Hurts

Jalen looked at his phone, hoping Sapphire would return one of his phone calls and any of the messages he sent. Sapphire had left the house two days ago and hadn't contacted him.

Jalen felt stupid that he kept the fact that his trainer was a female a secret, but he thought he was doing the right thing at the time.

Jalen sighed, throwing his phone across the room and dropping his face into his hands. "Fuck!"

Asha knocked on the door, waiting for Jalen to invite her in. "J,"

"Yeah, come in!"

Asha walked in holding a tray of food. "Ma cooked,"

Jalen chuckled. "Thanks."

Asha sat the tray of food on the bed, before sitting next to him. "Why didn't you just tell her?"

"I— I didn't think she'd be okay with it," Jalen said, looking at the tray. "I know how possessive we are of each other and I knew the thought of me spending so much time with another female would've made her feel some type of way,"

"So why not just tell her? You've been spending time with another female for six months behind her back," Asha shook her head. "If I were her I would also be pissed because you just showed me how much you respect me. If you cared about how she would feel you would've never kept this a secret J."

"I was going to tell her, The opportunity presented itself many times but I just didn't use it," Jalen sighed. "I never intended for her to find out with all of those people around. I never wanted to just throw it at her,"

"So, did your trainer know Sapp didn't know?" Asha asked. "Because if she knew and still felt the need to introduce herself the way she did she's messy as fuck,"

"Yeah, she knew Sapp didn't know," Jalen said, squinting his eyes. "Which is why I don't understand why she came over to us and introduced herself. That part is still confusing to me,"

"She is just your trainer, right?" Asha questioned.

"Yes! It's never been anything more than that, and I've never made her think it was," Jalen spoke, standing up from the bed. "You think that's what Sapp thinks?"

Asha shrugged. "We didn't talk about it much since she was drunk, but she made it clear that she was upset."

"You think she wants to talk to me?" Jalen questioned.

"Do I think she wants to talk to you? No," Asha answered honestly. "But, if you talk she has no choice but to listen,"

Jalen nodded, running his hands down the side of his face. "Man, I don't even understand how I got myself into this,"

"I get it, but the biggest thing right now is how're you gonna fix it?" Asha said, pulling her phone out of her pocket. "Because if she leaves you for good, please know she gets custody of me,"

Jalen sucked his teeth. "Man, shut up. Ain't nobody leaving, we've been through worse than this."

"Sure," Asha shrugged, standing up. "You need to call her or pop up at Ari's house and make her hear you out before this shit goes farther than it already has,"

"Thank you," Jalen thanked, giving her a small smile. "You okay?"

"I'm getting there," Asha smiled back. "We'll be okay,"

Jalen nodded. "Yeah. We will,"

Jalen wanted to talk to Sapphire, but there was one person he needed to talk to before going to see her, Christian.