five

•••
Sapphire Young.

"Hey, you okay?" Sapphire asked, putting away laundry. "How was lunch?"

Jalen sat on the end of the bed, looking at Sapphire. "I need you to talk to Asha,"

"She's still upset?" Sapphire questioned, sitting next to him.

"No, something happened to her. She won't say exactly what it was, but somebody did something to her at the school Sapp," Jalen spoke, shaking his head. "She won't talk to me, but she said she would talk to you.. maybe you can get Ariel in on it too? I know she tells y'all things,"

"Of course, we'll talk to her," Sapphire nodded, rubbing his back.

"She's my sister, Sapp, I can't even imagine somebody doing something to her," Jalen closed his eyes, balling up his fist. "I'm ready to tear the city up about her,"

"I know baby, but let's be honest you cannot get yourself into anything," Sapphire reminded, grabbing his chin and turning his head. "Trust me, whoever did anything to her will be handled accordingly but I need you to promise me that you'll let this go."

Jalen shook his head, standing up. "No, I'm not letting shit go. That's my sister, Sapp!"

"I know that, but you cannot be there for her if you're in jail," Sapphire said, grabbing his hands. "It'll be handled, I promise you that. But you cannot in any way be involved, you have a career J."

Jalen looked at Sapphire before sighing. "Okay. I'll let it go,"

Sapphire kissed him, laying her head on his shoulder. "Thank you. Everything is going to be okay,"

Jalen nodded, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you,"

"I love you too, hurts," Sapphire said, rubbing circles on his back.

After calming Jalen down, Sapphire texted Ariel and let her know that they had an emergency and needed a night out.

"Asha," Sapphire twisted the doorknob, opening the door. "Hey,"

Asha looked up at Sapphire and gave her a small smile. "Hey,"

Sapphire shut the door, walking to the bed, and sitting next to her. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I know Jalen wants you to, but I won't force it."

"Thanks," Asha said, rubbing her hands against her knees. "I— I'm not ready,"

Sapphire nodded. "And that's perfectly fine with me."

"Thanks for understanding,"

"But, I refuse to let you stay in the house and be in your feelings about whatever happened," Sapphire shrugged, standing up. "So, you can go through my closet and look for an outfit because Ari is taking us out,"

Asha sighed in relief. "Thank god, I'm so over feeling like this already."

Sapphire, Ariel, and Asha were all close and looked at each other as siblings. Though Asha was much younger than them she fit right in. They all shared things with each other and went out whenever they could.

Jalen loved the fact that they embraced his sister like their own because he knew they would never put her in harm's way and keep her out of the unnecessary drama.

When night came around, Ariel came to pick up the girls and take them to a party that was being held near them.

"Ash, girl you look more like you twenty-one in that outfit," Ariel gassed, causing Ariel to laugh. "They definitely not asking you for an ID tonight,"