CHAPTER 7 💚 The Star's Apprentice

The Conserver stared, infront of him there was that same human girl sitting on her knees with his tablet in her hands. He looked up from the Tablet to get a better look at the human girl, she had tan skin with short brown hair and vibrant brown eyes. She wore a pair of ebony earrings with a short sleeves jacket that cut just below the waist with the lower half being indigo and the rest white, she also wore jean shorts which reached high above the waist line with dark grey capris leggings and simple white loafer shoes.

"Hello hu-"

"AHHHHHH! ITS A SCARY LITTLE SHADOW GIRL!" The Human screamed throwing the tablet and curling into a ball, she put her hood up revealing two cat ears on top of the hood. Wait, did she just call him a girl...?

"I AM NOT A GIRL!" The Conserver yelled mad that he had somehow been mistaken for a girl of all things. He did not look like a girl in the slightest! The human peeked at the Conserver through their hands and then used one hand to motion to his hair "so!? I just like having my hair up, that doesn't make me a girl!"

"But you're wearing a dress?" The human added no longer curled in a ball and just pointing at the Conserver's cloak.

"Dre- Are you kidding me!? This is a cloak not a dress" The Conserver clarified wondering how the heck their cloak could be confused for a dress. The human squinted looking closely at the Conserver's cloak, she looked skeptical

"Are you sure its not a dress...?"

"Yes, I'm very sure! Alright, back on track now" The Conserver said before breathing in letting darker shadows take over his form to make the white of his eyes stand out "Hello, human- No! Nevermind! That entire conversation just ruinined this entire moment"

"Oh, sorry" The Human apologised, she smiled and held out her hand but the Conserver didn't do anything for obvious reasons because he's... well... a shadow, the human realised her mistake and drew her hand back "Sorry! Forgot the whole being a shadow thing! But what exactly are you, wait, are you a genie!?"

"Genie...? Where the heck are you getting all these ideas from? No! I'm clearly not a Genie considering they don't even exist" The Conserver quickly shot down that misconception, the human was about to speak but he quickly got to handling everything else that would disprove the him being a genie theory "one, the reason I came out my Tablet when you wiped it is because you invited me out by making a motion from the star to the outside area willingly. Two, The reason I'm even attached to that Tablet is because I've been cursed and trapped inside it. Three, the reason I look so different is because I came from the stars and came to the Boiling Isles around 900 years ago with my brother"

"Oh, but still, what are you if your not a genie?" The Human asked repeating their previous question

"Again, genies don't exist. And I'm the Conserver, a collector which is basically a race of celestial god-like beings created from different stars and planets from across every galaxy to ever exist" The Conserver explained lifting one hand over his chest with a solem look after he finished "but, now I'm just a shadow with no physical form and no access to my magic thanks to the Titan who trapped me"

"Wait, the TITAN!?" The Human exclaimed

"Yep, the Titan, him trying to play hero resulted in my unfortunate trapping and the imprisonment of my brother who is literally just a child. But on the bright side that hypocritical idiot is nothing more then a corpse now!" The Conserver cheered, he realised how weird that likely sounded and quickly dropped the topic "anyway, I told you who I am, so who exactly are you?"

"Oh, uh- I'm Luz, Luz the Human! And also a witch in training" The Human named Luz exclaimed

"Huh...? I'm sorry, a witch in training?" The Conserver muttered stifling a laugh "yeah, I don't think so little human"