CHAPTER 10 💚 The Duel

"EDA! EDA EDA EDA! HELP ME! PLEASE! I THINK I accidentally challenged Amity to a witch's duel!" Luz screeched falling to the ground in-between Eda and the Lilith lady. She wasn't sure she knew enough about her current spells which were barely any to be able to actually win against an experienced witch like Amity who was top of her class even if she had spells from a literal star. Well, half literal? Semi-literal star?

"Hmmm, it seems your student has met my strongest protégé. And look at those ears!" The Lilith woman said in an antagonising tone pointing to Luz's ears, she tensed and quickly pushed her hands over her ears "Is she human? Ha! Where did you even manage to find one of these?" Lilith stood up straight creating a small magic circle which took a blue hue as she turned to face away from them "Alright Edalyn" a blue light burnt upwards from each and every wanted poster of Eda "for one day, you won't have to hide from the law because I want to see how good a teacher you really are"

"Come on, kid" Eda said wrapping her arm around Luz's shoulder and pulling her forward causing her to stumble for a minute since she wasn't expecting to move yet "time to prepare for bloodshed"

💚

"Alright Luz!" Eda announced sliding a head band over a section of her hair rather then her forehead, she spun around and crouched down hands outstretched in Luz's direction while said girl sat on a crate. "I'm coming at you with a blast of fire, what do you do?" She smirked and lifted her staff up pointing it at Eda's face already knowing what she needed to do.

"I cast the Floodgate spell to extinguish the fire or use Ignite to take control over the fire and throw it right back at you!" Luz exclaimed confidently.

"I have no idea what those spells are but based off the names and how you described using them I'm assuming that was the right answer!" Eda said in return.

"Abomination" Luz perked up when she heard Amity's voice, she spun around noticing said witch training a bit away with Lilith watching over her shoulder "rise!" She commanded. An abomination just a bit smaller then her rose from the ground, it grabbed its head tearing it off from its neck and threw it at a coven stand a bit infront of her.

Luz winced when she saw the metal wall break in half destroying a coven stand behind what the Abomination had hit. Dodge those things, don't let them hit you and if they do get close try deflect to gain more time. Maybe she should try learn more spells then just the Light, Fire and Water based ones she knew

"That I can help with" The Conserver chimed in the back of her head making Luz jump since she forgot he was able to talk with her telepathically now "There's a spell I call 'Swarm' that is ment to be used on animals but can also be used on an abomination as well"

💚

"Beloved citizens!" Lilith spoke, Luz looked around fibbing with the staff as she tried to form an attack plan like the Conserver had advised. She didn't want to risk damaging the Conserver's tablet so she had dropped it beside the door in a more shadowy area beside her bag so nothing could happen and the Conserver could still see what was going on. "The Emperor's Coven proudly presents an impromptu demonstration of the type of witch we seek every year. Amity Blight!"

The crowd roared with excited cheers and applause making Luz even more nervous "versus..." Eda lingered infront of Luz for a moment before stepping away and doing a large gesture in her direction. The crowd died down to quiet mutters almost instantly "some Human girl" She breathed in and stepped forward facing Amity with her staff in hand. The air felt tenser then she'd imagined it being but she focused and looked around to try figure out if there was anything to use as a base for the flood gate spell. Unfortunately, there wasn't.