CHAPTER 9 💚 The Covention

"Ummm, Conserver?" Luz asked spinning her staff in one hand then pushing it down to the floor causing the fire to turn white before disputing completely, The Conserver turned to look at her his form gliding across the first few trees around her and settling on the one closest infront of the human. He nodded showing he was listening so Luz continued "Can we learn some more... intresting spells? Don't get me wrong! Fire and water are cool and all but I want to learn to bring back the dead and make objects float!"

"First off, there's no glyph version of a spell to bring back the dead. Second, Levitation is an ability and not a spell, you'll need to study oracle magic to learn to make things levitate and even then you can't actually perform magic! Your just mimicking it with the staff" The Conserver explained gliding down to the bottom of the tree where his tablet had been layed and giving a sigh "Plus, these spells will help me get a better understanding of what you can and can't do so I know what spells to teach to help you improve one of your specific skills"

"Alright" Luz said with a sigh picking up her staff and getting ready to recast the spell again, she breathed in and pushed the staff out spinning it in a circle causing the glyphs inside the stone to activate in a certain pattern. The stone turned transparent once again and a multicoloured light in yellow, red, blue and green shimmered on the inside, the light filled the stone taking a red hue as she cast the spell. A trail of red mist wrapped around her rising from the circle, she brought the staff up making the mist erupt into bright red fire.

She spun the staff lifting it up above her head then running around moving the staff to move the fire around her. She pushed the star of the staff up the ground following the Conserver as they slid across the trees, she lowered the staff to her chest then slammed it to the ground in the Conserver's direction creating a burst of fire which launched upwards from the ground below the tree just missing the shadow. This part of their training was pretty simple, she just needed to hit the Conserver three times with the fire spell as he ran.

It was just another thing she needed to learn to do before she could even think of trying to replicate the Conserver's spells. She'd heard of the things he claimed to do and based off what she could confirm as a fact he was definitely stronger then a witch and maybe even a titan. She wasn't sure about Belos yet since he was ment to be the one behind witch society as it is but that could just be because she hasn't actually seen the Conserver in action given he's trapped in a piece of stone afterall.

She whipped the staff up quickly spinning it in a circle infront of her causing the fire to form a circle before launching off in every direction landing a hit on the shadow. She quickly slashed the staff out to the left causing the fire to create seven small saw liek rings which chased down the shadow all but one which hit the back just before the Conserver leapt to another tree missing miserably. One more attack and it's done.

She flicked the staff down pulling it closer to her and leaping up slamming it down on the ground creating a river of blue fire which wrapped around the trees and burnt the one that the Conserver's shadow was on to a crisp. The Conserver's shadow disappeared reforming behind Luz as a snake which slid down a branch then forming the Conserver's body on the bottom of the tree trunks.

"Your reaction speed is improving a lot! It's not going to help too much if you're facing an enemy actually trying to avoid your attacks but it's definitely a good start" The Conserver praised sliding across the trees, Luz had noticed he was slower then normal and had been speaking a tiny bit less.

The Conserver never really talked about themself so it was pretty hard to figure out how they were feeling most of the time. Because of this she learnt to recognise the smallest details and pick them apart in order to read the Conserver's emotions. Her best guess was that he was either thinking about something that was annoying him or something felt weird. Or just both. Yeah probably both.