8

John's truck has a back up camera. So nice, I wish I had that.I just got to the park and got Gypsy all ready to go. There are a few other people with horses here. It's nice.

"Alright Gypsy. Time to go for our annual hike" I said

I made sure John's truck was locked, which I can do from a distance, and we set off. I have a backpack on my back that has an emergency things I need and also my lunch, since i'm going to be here most of the day. I also have a plastic bag full of hay for Gyp here for lunch. Gotta feed my bubba too. It's about 10am. I left the barn a little before 8 and I'll probably be here till 3 or 4. Maybe. I'm also going to stop and get dinner on the way home.

"Oh look deer" I said

I see deer all the time and every time that is what I say. It's just how I am as a person. We kept on our trail and I said hello to the people I passed. I enjoy coming here. It keeps me from sitting at home and crying all day. My dad was always happy and smiling when we came. He told me him and my mom would come here all the time. They met here actually. He was with his buddies and she was with her family and they met in the picnic area. My mothers parents went to the bathroom and his buddies dared him to go over to say hi to her and her sister. So he did. And they got to talking. Her sister, my aunt, was into girls so he gave my mom his number and the rest is history. Hmm, maybe i'll meet my husband here. Maybe.

"Hi, you look familiar?" A lady said as I was passing them

"Do I?" I asked

"Yeah. Have you been here before?" She asked

"I come here every year. On this date" I said

"Anniversary of something?" She asked

"Yeah" I replied

"Me too." She said "If you don't mind me asking, what is it for. I come because this was the date I was cancer free"

"It's the anniversary of my parents death" I said

"Oh hunny i'm so sorry" She said

"It's fine. My father was 4 years ago from cancer, and my mother was 10 years from cancer as well. Some how happened on the same date" I said "But congrats on being cancer free"

"Thank you hun. 5 years strong." She smiled

"I have a tattoo for my parents. It's this one" I said pulling up my sleeve

"Oh my gosh. I love that. Do you mind if I take a picture?" She asked

"No problem. I designed it myself" I smiled

"That is amazing. I have a survivor tattoo on my shoulder. Only tattoo I have" She replied

"This was my first one. Then once I got it I wanted more and more." I said

"I want another but, I think one is fine for me" She replied "I should get on my way, and let you do so too. It was nice talking to you... I'll see you next year"

"See you next year" I smiled

We both continued on and that made me smile. I do remember seeing her her a few times. I kept riding, and arrived to the picnic area. Tying Gypsy to the post, I gave him the hay and sat down at one of the tables to eat. There's a group of guys sitting a one of the tables. Maybe on of them is my future husband. Wouldn't that be funny. I ate my lunch and talked to Kate. Then she called.

"Hey" I said

"Hey, how you doing" Kate said

"Good. I got to the park" I said