Prologue

15 years ago

Angelo walked Inside the living room, seeing his wife and the twin boys playing Uno.

«Μαμά, you can't just change the rules whenever you want just so you can win», Giovanni complained

«Me? Change the rules? Never γιέ μου, you just don't know how to play, oh, and you forgot to say uno, the woman said, slightly smirking

«Amore mio, you promised you would let the kids win», he whispered in her ear

«That was until they told me i can't play good enough to win them», Apostollia whispered back and as Angelo opened his mouth to say something, stopping himself the moment a scream was heard.

The girls he thought as he took his gun from the drawer, turning the safety off and running up the stairs while Apostollia took the confused boys away

«AGAIN» he heard Alexandra exclaim, laughing, stopping right then and there, seeing his older son throwing his second younger in the air and her sister clapping her hands, making the grown man look at the sight before him fascinated.

«Our children should really stop screaming» Apostollia said, surprising Angelo, who hadn't heard her come in.

«They really do» he agreed, he's younger daughter asking instantly if the food is ready the moment she saw them.

Totally your daughter, Apostollia whispered while chuckling, yes sweety it's, ready.

2 hours later

«Goodnight papà, goodnight μαμά» the two girls said, as Angelo kissed them and Apostollia tucked them in bed.

«Goodnight our sweet queens» they both said getting out of the room and closing the light on their way out.

Minutes past by, the kids peacefully sleeping while Angelo purred another glass of wine, earning a glare from his wife, «you'll get drunk tissoro» Apostollia scolded him, «first of all, it's tessoro, not tissoro, second of all, who cares» he said angering his wife more, you know what i meant, she said not as calm now, grabbing the glass and purring the liquid into the sink, taking the wine with her, as she walked out of the room, stopping the moment she heard her daughter's scream, a scream was heard once again, this time terror clear in it.

And as the couple ran out of the kitchen, Angelo taking the gun he had on the table and going to the boys' bedrooms to take them somewhere safe, while Apostollia took the knife from the garter on her thigh out, running panicked to the twins bedroom, seeing a man trying to get Alexandra, no, she thought, charging towards the man slicing his throat, while Nicholas ran there, grabbing Alexandra and taking her away. Irene, where's Irene, «where the hell is Irene» she said, running to the window, seeing her baby screaming, my baby, she thought as she started climbing out of the window, «Apostollia, amore mio, get in the car» Angelo screamed while running out of the house and hopping to the black Ferrari, his wife was already on.

As she followed the car, her daughter's screams echoing through her head, a masked man started shooting at their direction. If i die you monster are going to die with me, she thought, speeding up, Angelo took the gun from under the car seat, trying to shoot back at the man. And right then, time seemed to stop, as a bullet went right through the windshield right into Angelo's chest, no, not you Angelo, Apostollia thought, starting to sob, loosing her concentration, not realising that the masked man, shot the car's wheels, making her loose the control of the car.

Seeing a tattoo the masked man had before crashing onto a tree, one that only one person could ever have, since it was his design. That. Bastard. Were her last thoughts, while the person her husband called best friend, the second in command, one of the only people she thought she could trust took away her daughter.