chapter one

You wouldn't normally picture 2 of the most well known hockey players in the NHL to be wild, immature, little boys now would you? Yeah me neither. If I would've known then what I know now, maybe I would've asked for a contract...some kind of rules and regulations or something. If I could go back now and change all of this confusion and pain from happening, you'd catch me back there faster than you could blink.
But that could never happen...could it?

- - -

I wiggled my toes gently on the ground and felt
the grass rub under them as the hot summer air danced gently on my face. It had been only two hours since they'd woken up and they'd been arguing for an hour and a half of that. "Bro will you put it down I already told you to not touch my shit." one of them grunted frustratingly.

I crained my neck over the back of my reclined lawn chair to look at the upside down scene behind me. Jack stood in his boxers on one side of the patio table, as Trevor teasingly jumped around on the other side, threatening to drop the phone he held in his hand at any second. "I love you Emily...I'm so sorry, you don't understand." Trevor mocked in a teasing tone as he ran from Jacks quick steps around the table. "You are all I want." he added, reading farther off of the phone.
"Cut it out man I swear to god." Jack yelled back, tossing the patio chairs out of the way as he tried to shorten the distance between himself and Trevor. Even upside down, I could see the goofy, immature smile plastered across his face as he hopped over the fallen chairs in front of him.

"What you staring at Boston?! Enjoying the show?" He shouted as he smacked Jacks outreached hand.
"Greatly!" I responded as I turned my head slightly to look at the boys in an upright manner. "What can I say? Those jumps made your ass look great in those briefs"

Trevor let out an exasperated laugh as Jack keeled over to catch his breath. "He's an absolute moron, don't compliment him." he breathed, struggling immensely. I smiled as Trevor tussled his friends brown hair, and made his way towards me. "Yeah you're just jealous" he called back at a collapsed Jack. "She knows my ass is nicer than yours"
I snorted as I lifted my head up to look at the sweaty boy as he rounded the chair to stand in front of me. He placed his hands beside mine on each of the arm rests and he was almost bent entirely over. "Admit it" he whispered smiling at me, his eyes flickering darkly from my eyes to my lips. I shook my head and pushed his cheek away with my hand as I laughed.  "I'll admit it when you learn to let a girl have some peace and quiet. I come here to bring you all this good news and you can't even stop arguing for 30 seconds?" I chirped. The feeling of his smooth skin lingered on my fingers as I lowered my eyes.

"News?" Jack shouted from behind me, pulling my eyes back up. Trevor stood straight and Jack came over to stand in front of me as well. They smiled down at me as I lowered my sunglasses to the tip of my nose. "Our bad your majesty" Jack said, licking his lips innocently as he ran his palm through his hair. "Ignore us, your turn to speak"
I laughed as I propped myself up to look more serious, as I glared at the boys. Trevor failed to hide his smirk as he mimicked my behaviour.
"I got a response email this morning." I started. "James Anderson is making drop ins throughout the week."
The second my sentence ended, my feet were lifted off the ground and flung wildly throughout the air. "NO WAY" Jack yelled in my ear as his arms gripped tightly around my chest. The pinching feeling on my skin was forgiven when I seen how happy the boys were about the news I had just given them. Trevors hands found his head and he jumped ever so slightly with his mouth agape. "Dude!" he muttered, looking around the yard as if he couldn't comprehend the words that had just came from my mouth.
James Anderson was a world renowned scout,
responsible for finding prospects for the official draft of the NHL. For weeks prior, I had been reaching out to him in hopes of getting him to come watch the boys play in some games.

When we signed them to Boston, I knew right off the bat that Zegras and Hughes would be household names within the next few years. With Trevor's quick hands and Jack's eagle eyes, they created the dream team and every time they were on the ice, it'd be like everyone else disappeared. No matter how bad I wanted them to stay in Boston, they were my best friends and getting them a chance to impress James Anderson, was almost a guaranteed way out.

"You are amazing" Jack muttered in my ear, slowly sliding me down so my feet could reach the ground again. I smiled up at him as Trevor pulled us each into a hug from behind. "Amazing? Try freaking unbelievable" he chirped back. I rolled my eyes at the clear argument about to start and took a deep breath. "Amazing, unbelievable, incredibly smart and sexy? I know. I'm great. But right now it's about making sure you guys look amazing." I said as I wiggled my way out of the sweaty hug. "You two better get dressed, I'm taking you to the rink for a few hours of dry land with Coach Keith."

Jack smiled and smacked Trevors bare chest with his hand, goofily running towards the house. "Amazing! I told you!" he shouted as he hopped towards the door. Trevor laughed as he turned to look at me once more. "Unbelievable" he muttered back, before running off after Jack.

I smiled and my heart warmed as I watched the two boys I was closest to in the world, run ahead of me. Their childlike demeanours reflected in their giggles and bunny like hops.

- - -

The drive to the arena was long and loud. Every 5 seconds they would pull themselves towards the front seat and shout in my ear about some new move they wanted to learn before Anderson stopped in. One of their team mates Jeremy, rode in the passenger seat, as the two of them and Trevor's girlfriend, Amelia, rode in the back.
Jeremy was a nice guy, much more calm than Trevor and Jack. He was traditionally good looking, he had curly brown hair and light eyes, with a slight unshaven stubble. Recently, we had been hanging out in secret.
We had gone on a few dates and it was going really well...but Trevor and Jack could never know. Every guy I had talked to over the past 4 years had been chased away before we could even see where it went...so it's safe to say I was out of the range of dry spell, and officially in a drought.
It also happened that Jeremy thought the boys wouldn't react well and would try their hardest to talk me out of it. He had known them since he was young so I agreed to keeping his buisness quiet if that's what he wanted to do. Although, it was hard to lie to my best friends.

"You think he will come alone?" Jeremy asked from besides me. I turned and smiled at his shiny green eyes. "Nooo way!" Jack yells as he leans forward between us. "He's definitely bringing Todd Green." I watch as Jeremy shyly turns his face towards the window and Jack continues to look at me. "You agree?" he asked.
I smile and shrug my shoulders. "Maybe. I mean you guys will just have to be on top of your game at every game."
Jack smiles and slugs back into his seat. "I told you she'd agree with me." he mutters to Trevor, before reaching over and slapping him on the shoulder.  I peak in my rear view mirror and see the sinister smile creep onto Trevors face.
I felt bad for Amelia. She sat between the two boys with her head rested on Trevors shoulder. Everytime the boys argued, she was stuck in the middle, getting thrown off of his shoulder every 30 seconds. I admired her though, she loved Trevor and she'd just lift her head up, lean back, let them battle it out, then go back to her original position. She was good for Trevor. Calm, collected and patient. Far different from myself and Jack. So it was nice to see Trevor getting a breath of fresh air.

I peak in the rear view one more time before reaching my hand slowly over to Jeremy's seat and place my hand softly on his. He turns his eyes away from the window and smiles gently at me, his eyes dancing with skylight.
I smile back at him and realize how incredibly grateful I am for all of my people.