chapter seven

What happened last night? Why we're Jack's clothes on my floor and how did I get into my bed in pyjamas I don't remember putting on?
"You okay?" Jack asks, pulling me from my thoughts. I'm still standing facing the mirror in the doorway, with my hands in my hair.
I turn to look at him as he takes a few steps towards me. He smiles kindly and places a hand on my lower back.
"I mean, does it still hurt?"
For some reason, no words leave my throat, im just staring at him as he smiles at me. The feeling creeping up my back as his fingers fiddle with the hem of my shirt make me feel like im gonna faint if I try to talk, so I simply shake my head.
He smirks at me and turns to face the mirror. Our faces are nearly touching and I slowly let out a breath. Why did he smell so good? Why did I want to turn him back towards me and plant a fat one on his lips? Why was I wishing that his fingers would stop toying with my shirt and just rip it off already?
"I don't know much about makeup but I can try and help you cover that welt up. Keith is gonna flip if he sees that thing" he says, sliding his hand across the tender skin of my cheek.
I turn my eyes to look in the mirror with him and he smiles at me. It's been three weeks since we've spoken, and yet I feel like he knows everything that I've gone through in that time.
"Did you spend the night?" I ask, abruptly.
He laughs to himself and steps away from the mirror, walking nonchalantly towards my bedroom door. "I mean I seen your clothes on the floor and I just didn't know how I got in my bed but-"
"We didn't sleep together Marce." He laughs as he waves me to follow him. "You fell asleep on the couch at around 10, so I got up and put you in bed. I just grabbed some of my clothes you have here still from your closet and slept on the couch. You were exhausted and worked up, there was no way I was leaving you here alone."
I walk towards him like a lost puppy as he sits sheepishly on my bed. "I put you in your pyjamas and got you your water but that's it, nothing happened between us"
"I slept through all that?" I ask, scratching at the blonde of my head. "What? did you carry me to bed?"
He smiles again and falls flat on his back, patting the spot besides him on my bed. Once again, like a lost puppy, I follow his command and lay down besides him. "You were half awake, groaning some words to me but not much more than that. You did however manage to tell me off a few times for ignoring you"
I smile at him, proud that my pride is still intact while asleep. "Good" I whisper. "You're lucky I let you undress me, usually I kick and yell if someone tries to touch me while I'm sleeping."
A small chuckle escapes his throat as he stares deeply into my eyes. "You didn't seem to mind that part." he licks his lips and looks darkly from my eyes to my lips. The air grows thick and we don't talk for a minute, simply basking in the silence we created.
I feel his fingers rub my side gently as he lifts up the edge of my shirt. I know he's just doing this to see my bruise, but for some reason I help him take my shirt entirely off. I watch as his breath hitches in his throat and his hand pauses just above my bruise. "Marce." he whispers, eyes still fixated on my skin. "I hated being away from you."
I can't even bring myself to respond. I know how he felt because I felt it too. Jack was my rock, thinking that he was mad at me just drove me crazy for almost a month. But now, here he lays, breathing heavily besides me as I'm shirtless in my bed.
He watches his hand as his finger lightly begins to trail up my side, closer to my bra. I can't help but stare at his lips. The way his tongue slipped innocently over them, wetting them slightly as he hummed. I smile and feel my stomach tighten. When I'm with him, I feel like I'm everything, and when he's this close to me, I feel like he's everything too. "Does this hurt?" he breathes out, watching his fingers still. I shake my head no and reach down for his hand. I want him to touch me, I want his hands all over me yet he's taunting me with this slow trail.
When my hand presses his firmer against my body, he chokes. "Marce" he breathes, the electricity of his palm stinging painfully through me.
"J" I whisper quietly back to him as he stares intensely at his hands. The fog in the room grows thinner as I reach forward to lift his head to look at me. His eyes are plump with desire and I can't help but swallow deeply. I can't take this anymore, every inch of my body is yearning for him to take it in his hands, so I lean forward and place my hands on his cheeks.
"Kiss me J." I whisper, so quietly im not sure even i could hear it.
I watch as a flame ignites in his eyes and his hands quickly rise to my cheeks. He pauses for a split second while he examines my face as if trying to decode my words before following my command.
Then, like a moth to a flame, he connects his lips to mine.

The world stops. The only thing that matters is Jack. It's always been Jack. How could I have ever had any interest in anyone else?. My lips move with passion as I push my face farther into his hands. However close we were, certainly wasn't close enough. I flip over and try to climb on top of him but my legs are weak.. Every moment his mouth is on mine slows my heart down even more. Jack....Jack. Jack....Jack....Jack.....Jack.....Jack.........Jack............Jack...............Trevor?

The ringing of my phone pulls me reluctantly away from this moment.
"Ignore it" he mutters, trying to pull my face back towards his. But I can't, because on the screen, Trevor's picture lights up, and I feel a ping of guilt in my heart.
What the hell was I doing? Why did this bother me? Jack was here, Jack was with me, Jack is what I want.
"It's Trevor." I whisper, too scared to speak. Jack sighs and rolls away from me, keeping his hand pressed firmly against my chest, right above my heart. "Always." he silently groans.
I ignore him and try to compose myself before I answer the phone. Patting my hair down flat and wiping off my mouth as if for some reason Trevor could see me right now.
"Hey!" His voice calls from the other line. "What are you guys doing? Colton said he just dropped my shoes off on ur doorstep cause you weren't answering the door."
My eyes widen and I look to Jack who is staring away from me at the wall.
"Um..nothing, Jack was just helping me cover up my bruise" I lie quickly.
On the opposite end of the phone I can hear Stacy squeal and Trevor move uncomfortably in his seat. "Yeah well, we got the suit." he says, moving something around the mic. "We should be back shortly, do you want me to pick up some Panda Express? I know you get hungry during these things."
I can't help but smile at his offer.
"No I'm okay," I respond. "I still have to eat my pancakes and Jack said he wanted to grab something from Chipotle on our way back from the hall. Thanks anyways."
I can practically hear the sound of his eyes hitting the back of his head as he most definitely rolls them and grunts. "Mhm. We'll be there shortly then."
Then, he hangs up. So abruptly that the loud noise startles me and I pull my phone from my ear.

With his voice gone and his presence clearly absent, my heart does a flip. In front of me, lays Jack, my Jack, his hand on my heart and his lips ghost on mine. But only a few miles away, Trevor also has his hand on my heart, and his lips a ghost on Amelia's mouth.
"Everything okay?" Jack asks, watching me intently now. I smile and nod my head, focus solely on the beautiful boy in front of me.
"Yeah. Yeah everything's great"

He smiles and reaches his palm back up to my cheek, pulling my lips towards his once again, and taking my mouth fully against his.