chapter three

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Fleur's wedding was a marvelous event.

You wouldn't have been able to tell it had been budgeted at all the way Mrs. Weasley and Ginny had decorated it. Elegant drapes and lights garnished the walls, keeping the dark night well lit. Tables were littered with decorations from centerpieces to confetti, and the food was simply extravagant. 

Clara had spent most of the night by the punch table, waiting and waiting for Luna to arrive. It had been weeks since she'd seen her best friend and she missed her dearly. Finally she saw the blonde enter the wedding, looking dashing as ever, and quickly made a bee line for her. Unfortunately, Harry seemed to have had the same idea.

"Hello, Harry!" Luna said just as Clara was approaching. 

"Er—my name's Barny," said Harry, flummoxed. 

"Oh, have you changed that too?" she asked brightly. 

"How did you know—?" 

"Oh, just your expression," she said. Luna was wearing bright yellow robes, which she had accessorized with a large sunflower in her hair. Once you got over the brightness of it all, the general effect was quite pleasant. At least there were no radishes dangling from her ears. Clara rushed her into a hug as soon as she got past Harry.

"Clara!"

"Hello, Luna! I've missed you so much!"

"And I've missed you! Are you also a new person? Alison, or Janie perhaps?"

Clara chuckled, "No, just Clara. I'm no Chosen One."

Harry looked down at his feet uncomfortably. 

"Well, I'm glad to know you're still the same." said Luna with a smile, "Shall we dance? I love this song!"

"Let's do it!" said Clara, glad to have an excuse to forget about what started tomorrow.

And dance they did. Clara and Luna were quite a pair on the floor. Although they most certainly looked insane, Clara was having a great time. She was going to miss Luna more than anyone. The two spun in circles and hopped up and down, frolicking across the floor as though there was no one else there. The music droned on, a small beat carried throughout the tune, and a flicker started in Clara's heart. 

She looked over at Luna and could tell her friend was thinking the same thing. Quickly, Clara's fanatic dancing stopped and she rushed to Luna and crushed her into a hug. The two stood still as the wedding guests continued to twist and turn around them. 

"Luna," said Clara, "You know I love you, right?"

"I know," nodded Luna, "And I love you too, very much."

"You're my best friend in the whole world and if I-"

"Don't." said Luna, pulling back to meet Clara's eyes. Luna's bright blue eyes were brimming with water, "Don't even think that. I will see you whenever you've finished your mysterious task."

Clara could only nod in response. If she opened her mouth she knew the words would spill out, even if she didn't want them to. This might be the last time she saw Luna.

The music stopped and claps echoed through the room. The two walked off the floor hand in hand. Luna stopped and turned to Clara.

"I'm going to go check on my father. Come say goodbye before you leave, okay?"

"Okay."

Clara squeezed Luna's hand tightly before dropping it. Luna left and Clara was once again alone. Only a moment later, however, she was joined by Harry, Ron, Hermione, and a very stern-looking man she didn't recognize.