chapter four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Clara had felt very happy the past week. She was able to do homework with Luna everyday in the library, and even finished her current reading book. There was a satisfying feeling of rebellion stirring inside of her. She was certain it was because of the new Defense Against The Dark Arts club she had joined, but she didn't want to get her hopes up too much. It would be an unpleasant experience working with Harry Potter, but it was worth it if she could further her skills.

Clara walked to potions class with a cluttered mind and a handful of books. She passed by a large stone wall before turning right back towards it. There was a large sign that wasn't there before. Clara walked closer to inspect it and gasped in horror.

— By Order Of — 

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts 

All student organizations, societies, teams, groups, and clubs are henceforth disbanded. 

An organization, society, team, group, or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. 

Permission to re-form may be sought from The High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No student organization, society, team, group, or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of The High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organization, society, team, group, or club that has not been approved by The High Inquisitor will be expelled. 

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four. 

Signed: 

Dolores Jane Umbridge

High Inquisitor  

Had Umbridge already found out about the club? There was no way Hermione could've let someone found the list. Clara walked to class and processed the information. This meant that the club would be even riskier than before, but that didn't really phase her. The punishment was bad, but if they were safe they wouldn't be caught, right? She would just have to trust that Hermione or one of the other trio members had found a secluded place to practice.

Clara entered the potion classroom and took a seat next to her potions partner. 

"You're early." she said.

"I'll leave if you want me to. I just needed somewhere quiet to go to think of a solution to a new problem."

"So you saw the 'Educational Decree' too?"

"Yeah, we're definitely in some deep shit if we get caught now."

"Well it's not as if we weren't already doing something risky. There's not too much of a difference is there?"

"There's a big difference between a few detentions and getting expelled, Dupont!"

Clara sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Don't you think I know there's a difference? If we find a safe place to practice it won't matter either way though, have you found a place yet?"