✿ ❀ Chapter 1 ❀ ✿

School had proven to let Kokichi down quite promptly. Everything Kokichi wanted to get out of this whole experience was just always just out of reach, slipping through Kokichi's fingers every time he tried to grasp onto it. He had tried school at first, honestly, he had! He craved for friends that he could sit with at lunch and talk to during class only to get told off by the teacher, to listen to lessons and excel in subjects he liked. He just couldn't be any unluckier as life didn't have that in-store for him. Instead life taunted him by making him watch others live the life he desired. He always found himself instinctively pushing his peers away every time they tried to get close, and all the lessons were just a bore. As a result, he spent most of his time looking out of windows wishing for change but knowing it was never going to be graced upon him, only telling himself that he got himself in this situation. Which in truth, was no lie.

It had just been a Wednesday, and like every other day he had been doing the same old when the school bell rung, signalling lunch in this case. Kokichi always waited until everyone else left the classroom plus 5 minutes more to skip the hallway traffic, he didn't mind the wait.

But this time things took a turn, for the better or for the worse, you can decide that. Shuichi Saihara, most popular in the year, maybe school (though he was too modest to ever admit to it), Ultimate Detective stayed behind when everyone left and approached Kokichi. "I-it's Kokichi... right?"

"No. It's Francis" Kokichi looked up at him with lazy eyes and a sly smile.

"Oh, sorry Francis—Well I'm Shu—"

"It's a lie! You had it right the first time Saihara-Chan. I'm Kokichi Ouma, Ultimate Supreme Leader of Evil! Nishishi~,"

"Chan—Wait Leader of Evil?"

"Yeah. I own a super-secret organisation with over 10,000 members," Kokichi brags, to which Shuichi becomes more confused.

"I've never heard of it though," Shuichi states in a matter-of-fact way.

"Well duh. That's why it's super-secret,"

They sat in silence for a while until Shuichi tried to start another conversation. "So do you sit in here all lunch?"

Kokichi snorted "No, that would be pretty sad,"

"Then why do you stay here after class?"

"To jack off," Kokichi said bluntly while he made eye-contact with Shuichi, whose face immediately turned the brightest shade of red as he tore the eye contact that had been previously made. Every ounce of confidence Shuichi might've had quickly faded as Kokichi's giggles ring through the room. "You should've seen your face! It was another lie, geez calm down Saihara-Chan~" Kokichi explains.

"O-oh another lie," A big sigh of relief escapes Shuichi's mouth.

"Now what can I do for you Mr Saihara? Looking for some drugs? I got plenty left over"

"That's a lie...?"

"Who knows,"

"That's not very reassuring"

"That's the point. Now you should get to the point too, I don't have all day, I have minions and armies to command!"

"Right, well I was wondering if I could spend lunch with you?"

This took Kokichi by surprise as he freezes up for a split second, thoughts both still and chaotic at the same time. He manages to quickly recover and slip into another mask. "What? Did your friends ditch you or something and I'm just Plan Z?" He snorts.

"No! Not at all! I just see you all alone most of the time so I thought maybe—"

"Oh, so you pity me now? Feel bad for me? I don't need your half-assed pity detective,"