✿ ❀ Chapter 3 ❀ ✿

Kokichi practically kicked the door open to Shuichis apartment with a giggle as he heard a wince and a mumble that went something along the lines of "My poor door..." from behind him.

The purple boy waltzed into the apartment and immediately started snooping into everything, opening drawers that didn't need to be opened, inspecting furniture and photos, the layout of the apartment. It was quite small, small kitchen, living room and a bedroom.

"Hey Shumai!" Kokichi calls out from the bedroom and Shuichi walks over to him "There's only one bed here, guess you're taking the floor then~" Kokichi taunts.

"Hm? Can't we both share the bed? It's a queen size," Shuichi wonders out loud, which is quick to shut Kokichi up. "Right? We're both just friends," Shuichi adds on, a bit confused by Kokichis initial reaction. Kokichi rips an oh so fake laugh from his throat "Yeah! It's not like I'm gay or anything anyway," his own statement makes him internally cringe, now he's just being homophobic to himself. Shuichi doesn't suspect a thing though; he just softly nods in response.

Kokichi lunges onto the bed. It wasn't an overly fancy bed, but it still felt soft and was felt a million times better than his own bed. Kokichi sits up to face Shuichi who was still standing in the doorframe, looking a bit lost at what to do. "I, Kokichi Ouma, Super High School Level Supreme Leader declare that we must play a game of Truth or Dare immediately!" Kokichi announces louder than necessary.

"Are we really going to play Truth or Dare?"

"Yep!"

"Right now?"

"Are you deaf? Yes! Truth or dare right now, hurry up and sit down," Kokichi commands. Shuichi, looking extremely hesitant but sits on the edge of the bed. Kokichi can almost feel the regret radiating off of Shuichi. "Truth or Dare Shuichi?" Kokichi asks the well-known question.

"Why do I have to go first?"

"Cause' I said so! Truth or Dare Shumai?"

"Truth, I guess..."

"Hmmmmm," Kokichi makes it look like as if he didn't already have a question in mind since his interaction with Maki " How about we kick this off with a bit of a cliché question? You got a crush on any girlies?"

".... Who said I liked girls?" Silence. That's what filled the room. An awkward, heavy, silence weighing down on the both of them. "I-I mean I do like girls!" Shuichi added on "I just like guys too,"

"You're stalling from the actual question shumai~ You so have a crush! Spill the beans," Kokichi feels like a little girl as he says this. It's not like Kokichi needed to know about any of this. He didn't hold a single care for Shuichi anyway. It's just fun sticking his nose where it didn't belong.

Shuichi looks down, cheeks growing red as he mumbles something.

"You gotta speak up Shuichi~"

Shuichi only mumbles louder, only making Kokichi restless for his answer. "C'mon Saihara, I don't got all day,"

"Well technically I did tell you, you just weren't listening very well?"

And that confirmed it. Kokichi now 'knew' Shuichi was totally crushing on Kaede. Not that it mattered. Kokichi doesn't care for whatever nerdy love sparks between the two. He's just waiting for an excuse to leave Shuichi's crummy place and go back home. And even if Shuichi was into Kokichi, what then? It's not like Kokichi even begins to like the perfect symmetry of Shuichi's' face. Nor does he like his golden eyes that shine with the sun. Or the furrow in his brow when deep in thought while doing schoolwork. Not even his laughter which is a melody to anyone's ears. No, Kokichi Ouma did not even begin to be infatuated with Shuichi Saihara, not in the slightest. "Kokichi?" a soft voice says, jolting him out of his thoughts "You just zoned out,"

"Awwww, does Saihara-Chan care for me~? How lame,"

"I don't think it's lame, it's important to care for people,"

"Gross, now you just sound like Kaede, quit it,"

For the remainder of the night the two boys would goof around together playing all sorts of games, watching movies, and having a laugh together. Kokichi surprised himself with being a little open with someone for once. Usually doing so felt like trying to push a boulder up a hill, but with Shuichi it came with ease. Though it did slightly alarm Kokichi a little bit, he wasn't too opposed to it. As much as he hated to admit, it felt good to keep the mask off for a bit. For Shuichi their time together ended in further excitement to unravel the mystery which is Kokichi Ouma.

~ 770 words ~