✿ ❀ Chapter 2 ❀ ✿

Kokichi wanted to bail so badly. The sticky ground littered with left-over food, the screams of children on rollercoasters, the squeeze and shoves of crowds sickened him to no end. He could say he's sick, the flu, gastro, chest infection he's throwing up so badly he can't even move away from the toilet. Or maybe one of his 'friends' are sick, injured, admitted into hospital and he has to be there for them. Maybe his non-existent pet died, and he has to mourn 'Bettys' (his not real pets name) loss, oh she was such a good pet, Kokichi is so sad he doesn't want to get out of bed.

He couldn't get any unluckier because just as he finally gets the guts to walk away a sweet voice calls his name and Kokichi knows it was too late to run now. He simply just slipped into the pain of another mask. "Kokichi! There you are!" Shuichi rushed up to him with a honey-sweet smile, Kaede and Kaito trailing behind with unease, Maki with rage. "Shumaaai~! It feels like forever since I last saw you!"

"It was on Wednesday we last saw each other,"

"A whole four days! Yep, that's the equivalent of forever,"

"Kokichi this is Kaede, Kaito and Maki. Guys this is—"

Maki rudely interrupts with an icy voice "Kokichi you're not needed here. Go home, Shuichi made a mistake inviting you,". Kokichi's grin only grew with the pain.

"Oh, I know that Maki, but hey, figured it couldn't hurt to crash whatever little dork group this is,"

"C'mon guys—Relax. We're here to have fun, right Kaede?" Shuichi turns to Kaede for what looks like reassurance and also... affirmation? Like a little dog looking at its owner wondering if they did the trick right, waiting for the treat. It only made Kokichi's nausea worse.

"Yeah..." Kaede says, hesitation weaved through her voice, yet Shuichi's smile still formed on his face once more.

We then all trailed behind Shuichi as he lead us to the spinning teacups, only because Kaede had been insistent to go on them. Shuichi being the pushover he is of course said yes despite the fact we all get dizzy easily. The awkward silence within the group clutches onto everyone's lungs and squeezes until they burst. "3 people per teacup," the tired underpaid teenager informed the group as they all went to choose their teacup.

Kokichi watches as Shuichi and Kaito hop into one teacup, and just as he's about to get in the same one as them a hand grabbed his arm mercilessly and yanked him to another teacup. Blood coloured eyes ripped through purple ones as they both took a seat across one another in the teacup. The ride hums and churns, as it creakily starts to move the world spins. They remain in a starring constant as the world behind them turns into a blur. "I don't know what you're trying to do, but I swear to god you lay a finger on Shuichi, and I'll kill you," Maki warns with her chilling words. Kokichi won't lie to himself this time, he's terrified of her. Would he show it? No! He's not stupid enough to do that. So, he snorts "Really sounds like a thing the Ultimate Caregiver would say. Oh wait. You're not, whoops. Sorry Miss Assassin I forgot you have a fake ultimate," Kokichi's sly smirk grows with his impending doom. This only enraged Maki further.

"I don't know how you little shit found out about that, but tell a soul and I'll reap your soul"

"Ooooh~ So scary~ I think I might cry"

"And if you break the bond between Kaede and Shuichi I will kill you,"

"Eh? That came out of nowhere,"

"Shuichi clearly likes Kaede, it's obvious. And although I'm not one to help with love issues Shuichi deserves this,"

Kokichi looks behind him to see Shuichi sitting next to Kaede admiring her while they both laugh and spin the teacup faster. He rubs his eyes to double check he's not hallucinating. Shuichi and Kaede? Pfft, no way. "They look like average friends to me,"

"Then your blind,"

"Maybe. But your little death threats don't scare me Maki-roll~"

"Don't. Call me Maki-roll"

"Okey Dokey Maki-roll!"

"You're an annoyance"

"I am well aware of that"

Maki just turns her head, so she didn't have to look at the purple boy in front of her and they both waited in awkward silence for the ride to end, Kokichi occasionally looked back at Shuichi and Kaede.

As soon as the group is reunited Kaito immediately whines like a baby "I'm hungryyyyy".

" I think most of the food stands are over there," Shuichi stated in a matter-of-fact tone and pointed in a direction Kokichi paid no attention to.

So Kokichi trials behind the close friends of 4 to the food stands, and spends the rest of his day following them, not daring to waste his breath on "a bunch of nerds".

The sun was saying it's farewells when everyone (Shuichi, Kaede, Kaito and Maki) decided to call it a day. The relief that washed over Kokichi was close to overwhelming as the thoughts of him being able to laze in bed for the rest of the day filled his mind. Determined to make this thought a reality he tries to quickly say goodbye to Shuichi (as it was just the two of them now) and slip away "Cool, cool, today was booooring but I guess thanks for inviting me"

"That's... a lie?"

"Who knows, C'ya Saihara---"

"Wait! Kokichi!"

"Hmmm?"

"I was wondering If you would like to stay at mine tonight, I feel like we didn't get to spend much time together today,"

Kokichi stared deeply into Shuichis eyes, he knew Shuichi wasn't inviting him to stay over 'Just Cuz', there had to be an ulterior motive. He was back in a situation where it would be so easy to shut Shuichi down and run off, pretend this never happened and ignore Shuichi till the end of time. He made this mistake once and he wasn't going to do it again—"I mean if Shumai is just thaaaat desperate to be in my presence I can post-pone my plans to take over the world tonight," and just like that he had made the mistake again. But the small smile the creeped up onto Shuichis lips somehow felt so warm, dare he say, even rewarding. 

~ 1052 Words ~