I N T R O

the covey family was sat in their living room waiting for their youngest daughter kitty, to begin her announcement that her own twin sister, onyx, was clueless about.

"kitty and dae, love against all odds." kitty began. "here we fucking go." onyx threw her head into her hands, bopping her knee up and down. she was disappointed, the girl had hoped for something more exciting than kitty and her online boyfriend's compatibility or what we she was about to blab on and on about.

"what's this all about kitty?" their father giggled. "there'll be time for questions at the end of the presentation." the auburn haired girl replied shortly. "then hurry it up so he can ask his question," onyx began, "and so i can go back to what i was doing." the girl finished. "that's enough nyx." trina said, putting a gentle hand on the wounded up girls shoulder.

"anyways." kitty started again. "i know when two people are meant for each-other." she stated, showing a picture of lara jean and her boyfriend peter. this made onyx's mood brighten slightly as she remembered her sister lara jean. she missed her.

"destiny." kitty raised her voice with a smile. "remember that day when onyx and i went to grandma and grandpa's to help clean the attic?" she began, "well, while belle was downstairs getting us drinks, i found all this stuff of mom's and i realized that she went to korea for boarding school in her junior year of high school." kitty explained. "and grandma told me that she got this super cool scholarship for koreans living abroad to help them learn about their culture."

"well that sounds lovely." trina nudged onyx, earning a look of approval from the girl. now she was pleased. onyx would take any excuse to talk about her late mother. "oh it was the best she told me all about it." daniel spoke up. "well no one told me or onyx about it. my whole life i've had to rely on other people to tell me about mom, and i'm sure it's the same for nyx" kitty complained, looking at her sister, although onyx silently agreed. "so, there i was, trying to make sense of all these little pieces of mom's life. and then suddenly something clicked." the youngest covey girl said skeptically. "the school mom went to, the korean independent school of seoul, one of the top international schools in the world, is the same one das goes to!" kitty finished.

"wow! what a coincidence." daniel smiled. "nah, i say it's fate." onyx stated. "i second that!" kitty replied almost immediately, and then displayed the last slide of her presentation, which made onyx's face go pale. 'korea here we come' it wrote in big bold letters. 'we?' kitty walked towards her sister and held out both her hands, in which the brunette girl sitting on the couch reluctantly took. "i applied to kiss, and i got in. i got the same scholarship as mom!" kitty squealed with excitement. "and the best part is," the girl turned to onyx, "i sent in an application for nyx too." kitty grinned. "what?" onyx's voice broke. she didn't know whether to be happy or sad. "did i get in?" was all the girl was able to choke out. "yes!" kitty replied, embracing her sister in a loving hug. "this is the part where dad loses his shit." onyx whispered into her sisters ear before patting her on the shoulder. "honey, classes start next week!" daniel raised his voice. as her father and sister argued, onyx sat back down with her step-mom. "i don't know how to feel." the girl teared up slightly. trina put an arm around her beautiful step-daughter, "i think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for you, you've always wanted to know about your mother, here's your chance, nyx." trina stroked the young girls cheek. "for once, i agree with you." onyx said too honestly. "thank you."

it took two overly excited teenage girls and a supportive grown woman to convince daniel covey to allow his youngest daughters to attend the korean independent school of seoul.

"korea here we come."

~💌~