Ex best friend

It had been 3 days since I last saw James but we texted everyday.
I was heading to his house right now to have a sleepover we had always had sleepovers so our parents trusted us.
Suddenly my phone started ringing I picked it up to see who it was poppy the name appearing on the screen.
Why would she be calling me after what she did to me?
I decided to ignore it I would deal with her later.

Flashback
I was currently getting ready for school the last day before spring break i was so excited as Spring was basically summer and I would get to hang out with poppy the whole time.
I headed into school and waited where poppy and I meet up everyday.
She hadn't shown up and there was 2 minutes left or I would be late.
I walked into class and sat in my usual place at the front saving the chair to my right for poppy.
The bell rang she was officially late but because we were studying Romeo and Juliet he put on the movie of it for us with Leonardo DiCaprio in.
5 minutes later poppy rushed in her face bright red "poppy marsh why are we late?"
" sorry sir I woke up late." Poppy said
"Well since it's the last day of term I'll let you off but don't let it happen again."
"Of course it won't."
Poppy looked directly at me as I smiled and gestured to the seat before walking over to the popular girls. What the hell just happened?
At break I rushed over to poppy "hey poppy wait up!" I shouted.
She turned around giving me a dirty look "what do you want?"
"Um I just wanted to know why u ignored my texts and didn't sit with me in English."
"Oh is it not obvious? Alex I never wanted to be friends with you your a nerd and so annoying I just needed homework answers so I could stay on the football team!"
At this moment I felt tears prick into my eyes "you used me...?"
"Yeah I did. get over it!" She ripped off our friendship necklace, grabbed a milkshake out of some random kids hand and threw it at me.
Everyone turned to look at me and burst out laughing.
Tears ran down my face and I ran out of school and straight home.
Worst day ever.
I would never forgive poppy marsh.

That didn't matter anymore though I was walking towards the door of my actual best friend house who would never do anything like that to me.
And we were now gonna have the best sleepover ever.