Chapter 9: Asking Her

~
After the events in the hallway, the group went to their hang out spot. Branch held onto Poppy, as she didn't mind the gesture. The others noticed this, but didn't say a word.

Branch decided it was time to ask her.

"Could you guys excuse me and Poppy for a moment?" Poppy looked at him confusingly.

Synth and Demo grinned at each other. "Of course Dubstep, let's go guys." They lead the others away.

Branch turned towards Poppy, immediately feeling nervous. "So um, Poppy, I don't know if you heard, but there's going to be a prom here soon."

Poppy nodded, "Yeah I've heard, why?"

"I was wondering, if you'd maybe like to, go with me to prom."

Her eyes widened, she didn't believe the words that came out of his mouth.

"Of course I'll go with you Branch!" They shared a hug.

~

Not too far off, their friends watched the whole thing play out. Synth and Demo cheered loudly. "Way to go Dubstep!" "Rock on Branch!!"

Holly shook her head, "Let them have their moment y'all."

Gust suddenly walked up to her. "You know, I still need someone to go with to prom Missy."

She turned and walked away, "You may be out of luck then cowboy."

Gust tipped his hat, watching her leave. "Playing hard to get? Challenge accepted."

Demo was about to say something to Val, "Don't even try it dork boy."

"Yep, should've seen that coming." He frowned sadly.

Val noticed this and groaned, "Fine fine, I'll go with you, but there will be absolutely NO lovey dovey stuff."

Demo laughed nervously and backed away. "Actually, I wasn't going to ask you that, but I'll take the offer."

"WHY YOU LITTLE!!—" Val chased him around, holding a weapon.

"AHH!! SOMEONE HELP!!!!" Demo was tackled to the ground.

Synth laughed at Demo getting pummeled by Val. That is until he felt someone pull on his ear. "Ow ow! Hey watch it!"

Laguna pulled on his ear and frowned. "It's not very nice to laugh at others Synth."

She pulled him so they were facing each other. "I may seem nice, but I am not afraid to tell others what's wrong and right, friends or not."

Synth didn't know why, but he couldn't feel angry at her. He felt flustered all of a sudden and looked away.

"I understand Laguna, I'm sorry." She smiles and let go of his ear.

"I hope I didn't pull to hard." She rubbed his ear. "Although, you needed to learn your lesson."

Demo saw this and laughed at Synth who got put in his place. It was cut short when Val drop kicked him.

I honestly might stop writing this, the chapters are short as heck.

We'll see.